Why I never took my teachers for granted

I Never Took My Teachers For Granted And I Am So Glad

Everybody has people in their life who change them and inspire them, mine just happen to be my teachers.

159
Photo of Photo by Alana and Carrie
Alana Charboneau

In our lives, we go to school to learn and to grow as individuals. We meet new people, we experience different things and meet teachers who can become examples to us. They may not be world leaders, but they help us to aim in the right direction of who we want to be and how we see the world as something we can make better - not just for ourselves but for everybody.

Sometimes we take after them, sometimes we learn how not to be like them. With each new experience, whether we understand it or not, we are changing constantly. As we grow older, we may look back at those authority figures remembering how they shaped our views.

Throughout my experiences with school, I have met some incredible teachers who have really impacted my life. I see these people as leaders in my life because there was never really a teacher that I despised or didn't appreciate, even if we didn't see eye to eye. The grit and passion each teacher had for their class helped me to understand them more as a person. Everybody goes through things that are the same, but that doesn't mean their experience will be the same as yours; it just means that they may have a completely different perspective. A little insight into a similar problem may really help you look at the situation or the world in a different way.

Hand huddlePhoto by Rawpixel

In high school, I had the privilege to be taught by one of the most amazing teachers of my life. He was my photography teacher all four years of high school, but more importantly, he was somebody that I could go to for absolutely everything. Not only did he help me to appreciate art more and show me how amazing photography could be to my life and the world around me, but he taught me to be the best version of myself every single day. I feel that school is one of the most important places to really explore yourself and who you want to become. I was given the opportunity to express myself in such creative ways I had never thought possible until seeing it be done, only because I believed in myself and he believed in me even more.

Alana Charboneau

We would go on these photo field trips every year and take photos in Downtown Chicago, then after every photo project, we would have the opportunity to show the class our photos. Each and every day I had the chance to learn beside him and teach the class something that would change their views or help them grow as people, I did. I felt as though being a teacher, just like him and every teacher I had in the past was something that I could live up to. It's a big responsibility for someone in a position of authority to teach people and shape others, but I was never worried about how he would teach or what he would say because I knew everything that he did was to make us better and more open-minded adults.

There was always more to learn from each challenge I was given. I had two family members pass away while in high school and it was hard for me. I went to friends for support, but I also spent a lot of my free time with my teacher because I felt as though he could give me insight about how to stay strong and really be there for my family, he really did. There have been a million different ways where he has shown me how to be a stronger and more respectful human being and I will be continually grateful for anything he does for me in the future.

Cirone

Through everything that my teachers have taught me, I have strived to always be an inspiration. With the courage and opportunity I have been given, I have chosen to become a teacher myself. Not only to follow in the footsteps of the ones who have inspired me but to be my own inspiration to others. I've always hoped to show people how to do well and feel happy. To have the opportunity to teach them new things and watch them grow into amazing human beings would be amazing. To have those close relationships and then some strictly - how can I help you succeed-attitudes - that I admire have been something constant and successful. Even though I may not have the opportunity to change the world, I can teach people who may eventually change the world in their ways and encourage others to do the same.