Summer Bucket List

Summer Bucket List

4
Summer Bucket List

160 days, what are you going to do with them?

1. Take a road trip. It doesn’t have to be a long trip across the country. Just grab a few of your favorite people and head to an out of state friend’s house for the weekend. It will probably be one of the best weekends of your summer!

2. Work towards your future. Whether it’s a summer class, an internship or simply volunteering, do something that helps you stay motivated between semesters. Never take your eye off the prize. 

3. Craft. Make something for your future little or for yourself. Crafting is the perfect way to keep your mind fresh and relaxed. It’s perfect for rainy days. 

4. Bake. You live in the dorms. You live in a sorority house. No matter where you live, baking is not always the easiest thing to accomplish. Take advantage of the time you have at home with a full kitchen or the free time no classes gives you. Treat yourself! 

5. Go on a picnic. Pack sandwiches, fruit and a blanket and find the nearest park. Picnics are underrated and are far more relaxing and enjoyable than you may think. Whether it’s with your significant other, your best friends or your dog take some time to get away from fast paced reality for lunch. It will allow you to take a step back to unwind.  

6. Get involved with a charity. Your sorority or fraternity probably doesn’t do much with your philanthropy for the summer, so it’s the perfect to take on your own responsibility. Even the smallest act of kindness can give you a new perspective and allow you to realize what’s really important.

7. Go to a music festival and as many concerts as you can. Outdoor concerts and festivals can be the highlight of your summer. Summer nights are created for music festivals. Nothing says summer quite like drinking a summer shandy while listening to your favorite country artist. Grab your tickets and enjoy one of the best nights of your summer! 

8. Explore your city. Maybe you’ve lived in it for 20 years, maybe it’s a whole new city for you this summer. Go exploring! There is always something new and exciting to be discovered right under your nose! Perhaps a unique art fair or a state park that turns out to be a lot more interesting than you anticipated. Do some research. What makes your town special? 

9. Take pictures. It’s not hard to take a billion pictures of you and your friends on your beach day. Go deeper than that. Capture memories. You look gorgeous in that new bikini, but when you’re looking back on summer 2014 you want to remember the first day of your internship and the first meal you cooked in your new house. You’ll want to remember your weird, but funny neighbors and the night you and your friends decided to stay in and make a blanket fort. Instagram likes are great, but take pictures for the memories! 

10. Fall in love. With a place. With a person. With a hobby. With yourself! Find something, or someone, you can be passionate about and really love it with all you have. Summer is the perfect time to take your mind off prerequisites and studying. While academic success is important, this is your chance to think with the right side of your brain for a while. Find something that lights up the person you are inside and revel in it.