My Post Election Reaction

My Post Election Reaction

I don't care if you are #WithHer or if you want to #MakeAmericaGreatAgain.
3

It’s been less than a week since the election and the backlash and the backlash and the disgrace this country is going through is mind blowing. I don’t care if you are #WithHer or if you want to #MakeAmericaGreatAgain, but the actions of so many American citizens is just down right disrespectful. Whether you agree or disagree with the outcome, the way so many people are acting is truly not okay. Do not, I repeat do not burn the American flag. If you are not going to respect one of the largest American symbols you need to reevaluate. How dare you think that burning the flag, the thing that men and women have fought for and lost their lives for, is an okay way to protest. I do not care who you wanted to win. I don’t care if you voted or didn’t vote. I truly do not care about your opinions, I will respect them, but I refuse to respect your actions.

Rioting, destroying and calling this man hateful names is the exact thing you stood against in this election. I am not saying I support him, I’m not saying I stood #WithHer, I am saying that the way American is handling this change is absolutely disrespectful. Donald Trump is going to be America’s next president whether any of us like it or not. You can hashtag all over the place that he is #NotMyPresident, but newsflash he is and he is going to be for the next four years. I do not care if you disagree with him and want to fight the fight against him but do it respectfully.

Stop burning and ruining property. Stop making this transition harder than it already is. I don’t care where your political views stand, but I do care how people few this country. You are an American, treat this amazing country with the respect is deserves. You can fight to the moon but it will not change the fact that Trump is going to be sitting in the Oval Office. And how dare you hope that he fails. If he fails, out country fails, is that what you want? Liking him or disliking him has nothing to do with the fact that you should want this country to strive and do amazing things. If he fails do you realize what that will do to our country?

Like him or dislike him you should want this country to move forward, and who knows maybe he will be the best president this country has had in awhile. We just don’t know. For all the people hoping to see Trump crash and burn, I hope you realize what you are actually hoping for. You are hoping for this country to go backward in progress. You are hoping for this great country to fail. I’m not saying I agree with half the things that man says, but it doesn’t matter. Welcome to the future and sadly this is what it is. You should want this country to strive.

For the people who are experiencing the backlash of this election, I am sorry. I am apologizing for all the people who don’t realize what they are doing is wrong. You deserve to live the life just like the rest of us and I hope everything gets better for you. I hope people realize that the way they are treating you is not correct or right in any way. I hope people realize soon the harm they are doing to you. I hope they realize and stop. I really do hope for the best for you and I am so sorry this is your new reality. America is meant for everyone, and I hope everyone realizes that one day soon.

We all live in America. We all want it to be great. Can we please just come together as a country and continue to move forward? We are better than this.