An Open Letter To My Parents

An Open Letter To My Parents

The college kid who is grateful for the things you have done and will do
56

Mom and dad let me start out by saying thank you. Thank you for giving me life and raising me. I actually turned out to be a pretty good kid. May have been a pain in the but time to time but look at me now. I am all grown and in college.

It wasn't easy making it this far on my own and I have you two to thank for helping me get this far. By giving me an education starting from Kindergarten up to High School. Pushing me to my limits and telling me to buckle down on my school work.

There are times I didn't and regret it and wish I had listed to you. Thank you for all the hard work and dedication you have put into making me a better person. All the extracurricular actives you made me do as a child helped me form the person I am today.

Y'all have seen me at my worst and have seen me at my best. Helped me through situations I needed y'all the most in. Looked after me even during the times we had arguments and I stormed off to my room. Then you came in my a few moments later to tell me you love me. We had struggles to overcome while I grew up. From the friend, boyfriend, and family drama. You always gave me advice that left me questioning after we talked but I soon figured out what you meant.

Thank you for all the advice over the years. Some I am still trying to figure out and some I have taken to heart and still use today. From listening to your heart and being able to lay my head down at night knowing I made the right decision. Thanks to that I have made choices I won't regret. There have been times I didn't do that and I didn't feel right when I woke up because I didn't listen to my heart.

Thank you for everything you have done to make me the person I am today. Thank you for pushing me in school and telling me why I need a good education. I'm in college today because you pushed me hard through high school.

Y'all guided me through my first semester of college and helped me out with classes.Found the best way for me to go to be on time and made sure I was doing good. Y'all let me rant about the teachers I didn't like and praise the ones that have taught me well.

Thank you for all the fun trips and vacations we have been on and will go on in the future. The memories and unforgettable times. Y'all are a blessing and I will love y'all until the end of time.

Love,

The college kid who is grateful.