Not All Heroes Wear Capes, And My Mom Is One Of Those Heroes

Superwoman? More like super-mom.

245

Some kids grow up idolizing Batman, Superman, or Spiderman. Some kids wear capes everywhere or only sleep in their superhero underwear. Some kids only agree to watch Marvel movies, nothing else.

I was not one of those kids. Ever since I was a little girl, my mom has been my hero, and here is why.

1. She has never left my side, no matter how not understanding disrespectful I may have been.

2. She patches up my scrapes, both physical and emotional.

3. She has taught me that my best is good enough.

4. She inspires me to pursue my dreams and to truly believe in myself and my abilities.

5. She has guided me to understand to only accept what I deserve.

6. She has cheered me on at all of my sporting events (giving up many of her weekends in the process).

7. She deals with me calling her multiple times a day while at school because, well, I miss her.

8. She always insists on taking pictures to immortalize our fantabulous memories.

9. She shows me that God's plan may be different than my plan, but that is okay.

10. She cooks dinner for my dad, my sister, and me despite not enjoying cooking.

11. She surprises me with things randomly, like clothes, if she sees something at the store that reminds her of me.

12. She plans our family vacations which have given me some of my favorite memories.

13. She gives the best advice (even when I do not always listen the first time).

14. She subtly guides me to find answers on my own.

15. She tells me if my outfit just is not working.

16. She puts my needs before her own, which she will never know how much I appreciate.

17. She loves me always and forever to infinity and beyond.

To all of the great mom's out there, especially my own — thank you.