My Love Story With Education

My Love Story With Education

For as long as I can remember, I have loved to learn.

32

For as long as I can remember, I have loved to learn. I always had a question on the tip of my tongue and my listening ears ready for new information. Before I even started school, my Grammie would tell me, " The one thing no one can ever take from you is your education." I took that advice to heart, along with the quote, "Knowledge is power."

When I was little, I was mesmerized by space. I wanted to know all about the planets, stars, and constellations. My Grammies got a membership to the Tellus Science Museum. My experience at the Tellus was incredible. My two favorite things were the Gem exhibit and watching the shows in the planetarium.

I was able to learn new things about space as well as what constellations I could find in my back yard! This experience inspired me to ask for a telescope for Christmas. I got it! It was one of the best gifts I've ever had.

Another hobby the Tellus inspired was rock panning. I loved to learn about rocks and minerals. However, I loved panning for them even more. My family and I would also go to the mountains and pan for gems there! My love for education only grew stronger as I got older. I had a fantastic Kindergarten teacher. She even came to my high school graduation party. Her faith in me was inspiring.

Then in the fourth and fifth grade, I had a teacher who made learning fun. We had a water balloon fight when we learned about the Civil War. We would take a trip to the local park and have a lesson there. In eighth grade, I had a literature teacher who believed in, and convinced me to compete in an essay contest. My essay was one of the winners! I had him as a teacher for two years, and both years I learned so much.

My Junior year, I had a literature teacher who made me write a lot, but I learned a lot about writing in the process. She was the kind of teacher I could talk to about anything and still do! Throughout my middle school and high school career, I had band directors who were my best friends. I could speak to them about anything. I could cry in their office, and they did not mind. Each of these teachers impacted me significantly. All of them inspired me to learn new things in new ways! These teachers had such a positive impact on my life that I want to be a teacher too!

Right now, I am in college. I am very passionate about my classes because I know they will impact my future. My college career has already been life-changing. I am ecstatic to have the opportunity to earn my degree. I learn something new every single day. Sometimes, I learn something, and I can't help but tell someone else about it!

Once I graduate, I hope to inspire the new generation to fall in love with education the way I did. I hope to impact others the way teachers have and continue to influence me. Most importantly, I can't wait to see the spark of joy on my students face when they learn something new!