Soundtrack Of My Life

Soundtrack Of My Life

If you like good music and want to hear how these songs influenced me, then check this out.

38
Soundtrack Of My Life
Biscuits by Kacey Musgraves

Soak Up The Sun: Sheryl Crow

This song came out when I was 4 years old. This was the first song I remember being obsessed with. I think it's because this song was so happy and catchy I just wanted to listen to it 700 times in the car.

Oops, I Did It Again: Britney Spears

This song came out when I was 3 but I didn't truly discover the greatness of this album until I was about 5. I would sit in my room for literally hours with my Barbie disco ball on listening to this album on my Hello Kitty stereo pretending I was Britney.

Dancing Queen: ABBA

I will thank my mom for one thing and that is introducing me to some totally BA tunes. When I heard this song for the first time I was on the way to Dairy Queen and I had to be like 6. I thought it said, "Digging the Dairy Queen." It was my jam and I still think about it every time I get Dairy Queen.

Girl Next Door: Saving Jane

I don't know why but I loved this song so much. I BELTED this song every time it came on the radio with no shame. I could not relate to it at all because I was 7. But by GOD I wanted this guy to notice her so bad.

Don't Matter: Akon

Thing song was my jam for many reasons. In 3rd grade I "dated," a kid who all my gal pals told me not to date. And I thought this song was my rebellion because nobody tells me who to date?? Akon understands me, you don't.

617: BoDeans

Thankful to my Aunt Brenda for showing me this song. I used to go around school singing it and nobody had any idea who people that weren't on the Disney channel were. Thanks for making me a cool little kid.

Maggie May: Rod Stewart

My brothers and I loved, "Lords of Dogtown," more than any movie in the entire world. And this song was in it and I loved it so much. This was the first time I loved a song from a movie.

First Dance: Nevershoutnever

Thankful to my best friend for showing me this band. 6th grade was apparently so tragic only scene bands understood us. But this band still kills don't get me wrong.

Anna: The Beatles

Now I had heard The Beatles many times before. But it was things like, "Let It Be." Which, don't get me wrong is good music but I'm not ALWAYS on the way to a funeral, you know? This is my favorite Beatles song ever and I owe it to that same friend.

Loving You Tonight: Andrew Allen

I heard this song in a random movie with Taylor Lautner in it. I can't even remember the name but I'm thankful I saw it. This is the happiest song on the planet (besides Sheryl Crow) and it makes me smile.

Untouchable: Taylor Swift

You know I couldn't do this without a little T-swift right? But seriously this song makes me feel like I'm dancing around my room in 7th grade again with glitter eye liner and a Hollister t-shirt on. This is still my favorite Taylor Swift song and is ENTIRELY underrated.

Answer: Tyler, The Creator

This man is everything to me for so many reasons. This song is about his dad never being around and it made me feel so understood about a parent totally giving up on me. I heard it for the first time sophomore year and it changed my life. I had someone who took the words right out of my mouth and wrote a beautiful song about it.

Whiskey and Wine: Christian Burghardt and Cady Groves

This song is the first song someone anyone ever said reminded them of me. I love it because it makes me feel like I'm falling in love all over again.

Sister Golden Hair: America

In my first car, a 1994 Infiniti, I literally accidentally heard this song flipping through the radio stations. It was so beautiful. I love this band. It is probably in my top five because of this song and, "I Need You." Seriously, look it up.

Take It Easy: The Eagles

This song was really relevant my senior year of high school. That year was really stressful but I learned to chill out. My favorite line is, "Don't let the sound of your own wheels make you crazy." This is really important because you shouldn't let things you can't change bother you. Shout out to The Eagles for amazing music.

Landslide: Fleetwood Mac

Although this song has been played around me my entire life, I didn't understand it until I drove to college for the first time. It was a 3 hour car ride and I have no doubt I played this song for an hour of it. I felt like everything was changing all at once and everyone was growing up and I couldn't stop it. And I'd be lying if I said I didn't cry. This song is beautiful and "Leather and Lace," is a close second.

Cup of Tea: Kacy Musgraves

Now I did not hear this magnificent song until my junior year of high school but good lord is this song perfect for every occasion. I listened to this song when I felt ugly, sad, like I didn't fit in, and when I felt disappointed in myself. But the line, "In a world of squares, maybe you're just round," really helped me with so many things. Because maybe, you're not messing up. Maybe you're just doing things a little different from everyone else. And that's okay. You can come back from any situation. Forever thankful for this song and everything it means.