My 'Final Thoughts' On Tomi Lahren

My 'Final Thoughts' On Tomi Lahren

A bi-partisan attempt at saluting the right-wing princess.

41
My 'Final Thoughts' On Tomi Lahren
Cox Rare

Tomi Lahren, the defamed host of "Final Thoughts," was recently lampooned for voicing the fact that she is pro-choice on the talk show "The View," despite being known as perhaps one of the loudest and proudest conservatives of the millennial generation. Lahren, when asked about her views on abortion, responded by saying that she considers herself a constitutionalist, in favor of limited government, “I’m for limited government, so stay out of my guns and you can stay out of my body as well.”

Following Lahren’s appearance on The View, there has been much controversy surrounding her comments, so much so that her nightly show on The Blaze Network, a conservative multimedia outlet, has been suspended. Lahren took to twitter (not unlike many political actors these days) to engage in dialogue with those who support her beliefs, as well as those who disagree.

While Lahren and I may not hold the same beliefs on many aspects of politics, being that I am a rather "burning liberal" and she is far-right of center (and frankly I find some of her candor repulsive), I certainly respect her right to have those beliefs, and I admire her willingness to speak out on issues where she knows many of her followers disagree with her, rather vehemently.

Lahren's actions teach a valuable lesson that I find myself applauding, despite the fact that Lahren and I could be considered political polar opposites. She has shown the importance of voicing your opinion honestly and truthfully, however unpopular it may be with those who seemingly venerate you. "Speaking your truth" as my mom would say is infinitely important in a time where such falsities and "Fake News" have become the norm.

So, Tomi here is the one and only time I will say I agree with you and your actions. It is far more difficult to be the dissenting voice than the conforming one, and you have masterfully accomplished this, and dealt so gracefully with the wave of backlash that you have encountered. Here are my bi-partisan kudos to you on a situation handled remarkably well.