My Favorite Lyrics From My Favorite Artist: Stray Kids Edition

Stray kids everywhere all around the world

56981

I believe that music is one of the most powerful things in the world. From the sound to the lyrics, music can convey any emotion and touch someone personally.

Music is also universal. Anybody, anywhere can enjoy and appreciate all types of music. I think sometimes people forget that music has the ability to bring people of every background together, but it is a fact that should be remembered.

For me, lyrics are a huge part of any song because I like to understand what the artist is trying to say through their music and possibly establish a connection between myself and the lyrics.

My favorite artist is a group called Stray Kids. They hold a great amount of significance in my life for a number of reasons, but their lyrics are a huge component of why I love them so much.

Before I jump into my favorite lyrics from them, I think some background on the group would be helpful. If you don't know who Stray Kids are, they are a South Korean boy group that was formed by the leader of the group, Bang Chan, rather than by JYP Entertainment, the company they are managed under.

The members produce and write all of their music, which makes the lyrics even more special to me personally. Their writing/producing sub-unit is called 3RACHA, and they are involved in creating the lyrics for all of the group's songs. I love that they play such a major role in the creative process because it makes their songs even more meaningful.

Even though Stray Kids fall under the K-Pop genre, they have many different sounds in their discography. From fun and playful to deep and serious, they are capable of adapting to various styles of music.

Accompanying their choice of sound comes meaningful lyrics, and listed below are some of my favorites from them. Side note: Their songs are in Korean, so I'm writing the translated English lyrics.

"It's complicated, don't worry about everything / When I wake up, everything will be gone / It's following me, even in my dream / But everything will be forgotten / Even if I try to forget them, they appear over and over again" - Insomnia

Album: I am WHO?

"How much more do I have to wander / Until I can look at myself and smile" - Mirror

Album: I am NOT!

"Blessings wait for you" - For You/Mixtape#3

Albums: Horizon (3RACHA) / Clé 2: Yellow Wood

"Twenty years old that I wanted to become so badly / Did everybody go through this same experience or am I the only one / That's anxious?" - 19

Album: Clé 1: MIROH

"Going ahead doesn't mean you're going to get there first" - My Pace

Album: I am WHO?

"What if / After having done something regrettable to someone precious / And I'm trying to show my apologetic heart to ease the regrets / But before I can show that heart, that precious person disappears forever" - IF

Album: 3Days (3RACHA)

"Even in a noisy city ye ye ye / Do whatever you want ye ye ye / Sit in the sunshine and close your eyes / Look at me for a second" - Sunshine

Album: Clé: LEVANTER

"You're being tormented by something complicated / Take it easy and try not to think the useless stuff / I'm just saying this because I'm worried about you" - M.I.A

Album: I am WHO?

"When the new semester started and I gathered all my books / I used to think it's too heavy / And put down in front of the classroom / Now that I'm an adult / Responsibilities are even heavier" - Spread My Wings

Album: Mixtape

"If there's a shadow, there must be light" - Mixtape#2

Album: Clé 2: Yellow Wood

"Just wait right there, I'll be there and reach you someday / Even if the clock hands stop for a while / The flowers will definitely bloom someday / A wavering fantasy / Even if it's only a mirage, I'll definitely catch you" - I SEE

Album: 3Days (3RACHA)

"There's not much to it, running through life is part of the process / So don't worry, you are doing more than enough" - For You/Mixtape#3

"If you fall back a little, just rest / You're doing fine, when things are hard / I'll run with you / Get up and roll up your sleeves, don't give up" - Grow Up

Album: I am NOT!

"That if I want to succeed, even though I'm afraid / I need to set up a trap called failure / As I bit on the bait that is pain / I'm wandering / As I put away my tired wings of passion" - Hellevator

Album: Mixtape

"The words that compare you and others / The words that don't understand your feelings / With those small things / You don't need to feel bad on your precious day" - Awkward Silence

Album: I am WHO?

"I'm like the autumn leaves, don't know which way I'm blowing / But it don't matter if it's raining or it's snowing / All of my problems growing smaller when I'm way up here" - Levanter

Album: Clé: LEVANTER

"Cause later when I become addicted to life" - Mixtape#1/Placebo

Album: Clé 2: Yellow Wood

"I am you, I see me in you / I know when I'm with you / In the same place, in the same time / I can overcome anything" - I am YOU

Album: I am YOU

"No more hard moments / No more moments spent alone / I don't want to cry anymore because of my start with you / The hazy light starts to clear up" - 0325

Album: I am YOU

"Matching to my footsteps that were running in a rush / You ran with me / You, who stood up for me even when I said it was fine / You, who let me your shoulder in which I could lean on briefly" - You Can STAY

Album: Clé: LEVANTER