My Experience With The Second Pfizer COVID Vaccine

Here's how the second vaccine affected me, personally.

16
Photo by Hakan Nural on Unsplash

I received the second dose of the Pfizer COVID vaccine within the past week. With the first Pfizer vaccine, I experienced no side effects. While some individuals have had reactions to the first dosage, I personally did not experience such symptoms. Although the second dose of this vaccine did result in minor side effects, overall, the vaccine is certainly much more important. I am thankful to have had this opportunity to receive a vaccine.

Upon first receiving the vaccine, I experienced no pain. Even the shot itself barely caused a pinch, and I could hardly even tell that I had been vaccinated. For the first few hours, I did not even have any injection site soreness, which was certainly a benefit.

However, a few hours later, my temperature rose slightly. Although my temperature could quite barely be classified as a low grade fever, I did feel warm to the touch. Only a few hours later though, my temperature dropped back to its normal level.

I also felt slightly tired after receiving this vaccine. However, I had also been busy with schoolwork the previous night, so it was difficult to tell if my tiredness was a result of the vaccine or my crazy sleep schedule.

Overall, I felt pretty great after receiving the Pfizer vaccine. If you can get vaccinated, you should as soon as possible!