My Experience Getting The First COVID Vaccine

I encourage others who are capable of getting the COVID vaccine as soon as possible.

3

I received my first dose of the Pfizer COVID vaccine today. Despite the ongoing negative connotations of this vaccine (given the adverse side effects and horror stories), I am here to share my positive experience with getting the vaccine. Although my experience may not be the same as others, I am telling my own story.

When I first got the vaccine, there was barely even a pinch of my skin. Most people feel some sort of pinch sensation when the skin barrier is broken, but I had no pain upon receiving it. In fact, I was unsure of whether or not it was even over, but I saw the needle be removed and disposed of properly and knew it was completed.

Along with others who received the vaccine at the same time, I moved to a room with several empty chairs. We were told to sit for fifteen minutes to observe any potential adverse effects that happen immediately, such as feeling light-headed or fainting. I still felt no pain, and everyone around me was in the same boat. No one fainted, felt light-headed, experienced nausea, or other symptoms. After fifteen minutes, we were free to leave.

Since getting the vaccine, I have not experienced any other issues. This finding surprised me, considering all the stories I had heard before. Given that I had a positive experience, I would encourage others to get vaccinated as soon as possible. May we all help stop the spread of COVID-19.