Must Haves For School

These 11 Items Are Must-Buys On Your Back-To-School List

It's that time!

20
https://pixabay.com/en/back-to-school-abc-school-enrollment-2629361/

Ah. 'Tis the season! No, not the Christmas season! We still have a few months to wait for that. 'Tis the season of going back to school.

Yes, you read that right.

August is more than half over, and in a few short weeks, school will be starting up. So, as we gear up for the beginning of the next six or so months, here are 10 items that should be at the top of your back-to-school list!

1. A planner

When you're in school juggling five or more classes and work, planners are a lifesaver!

2. Plenty of pens and pencils

I don't know about you, but I am constantly losing pens and pencils. I either lose them in my backpack, which happens very often, or I leave them somewhere and never get them back. So make sure you stock up!

No need to buy the expensive brands; go to the dollar store to build your collection!

3. A good backpack

You don't want to be caught in a situation where you're running to class because you're late and your backpack suddenly rips open. Spend the money to get a good quality backpack that will last you at least a year or two.

4. A fan

This one is for those of you who are living in the dorms at school. I can't tell you how many times I woke up in a pool of sweat because no matter how much I turned the AC up, my room constantly felt like a sauna.

5. Headphones

Headphones are a must if you are living with someone else. This is where I would recommend spending a little money to get a good quality set of headphones.

6. Quarters

Loads and loads of quarters. You'll need quarters to do laundry. So, if you plan on having clean clothes, stock up on quarters now!

7. Laundry supplies

This goes with the quarters. You'll need supplies, such as a laundry basket, detergent, and dryer sheets, to do your laundry!

8. An umbrella or rain boots

I never owned a pair of rain boots until going to Rowan. It always rains in Glassboro. I definitely recommend bringing an umbrella or rain boots.

9. A Brita filter

Okay, I'm not going to lie. At first, I was completely against having one of these because I hated the thought of drinking tap water. But then my roommate brought one last year, and it was life changing.

Suddenly, I was spending less money on buying 24 packs of water from Shoprite, and instead, I was using my reusable water bottles almost every day!

10. Shower shoes

These are an absolute must if you are living in a dorm building with community bathrooms. Believe me when I say this, those bathrooms get nasty. You don't want to be walking in them barefoot.

11. Storage bins

These are needed if you are living in a dorm building where they only supply you with a desk, a dresser, and a closet. There is virtually no storage for anything non-clothing related. So, in order to keep your belongings organized, I'd recommend getting some storage bins that you can put under your bed at school.

Obviously, in addition to these items, you'll also need your notebooks and textbooks, but I think that goes without saying. Start stocking up on these now, because school will be here before you know it!