Teen Artists To Listen To

5 Teen Artists You NEEDED to Start Listening to, Like Yesterday

These five singers have captivated the music industry and hopefully, after reading this article, will also captivate your playlist.

83
https://www.instagram.com/p/BjlHcUVgiED/?taken-by=thegr8khalid

Teen artists are something that I have been obsessed with lately because they have amazing voices, are becoming so successful, plus they are around my age, which is like the coolest thing ever? I love these artists and I think everyone should put their albums debut on their own playlists.

1. Billie Eilish, 16

billie eilish; album: don't smile at me

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZ8FYrWAAmJ/?taken-by=wherearetheavocados

Starting off her career at 14 with her hit song "Ocean Eyes," Billie Eilish is the newest pop "it-girl." But she is no Britney or Beyonce, Billie is a perfect mixture of heartbreak and haunting falsettos. Basically, she is as if Lana Del Rey, Marina and the Diamonds and an angel gave birth, their baby would have Eilish's voice. Not only is she an amazing singer, but Billie Eilish is also just a dope human being. In an interview with Billboard magazine, she mentions, "You don't have to be in love with someone to write a song about being in love with someone.

You don't have to hate somebody to write a song about hating somebody. You don't have to kill people to write a song about killing people. I'm not going to kill people, so I'm just going to become another character." She is an artist that is constantly inspiring other artists to just produce art. Her debut album, "don't smile at me" and her iTunes podcast, "groupies have feelings too" are out now.

2. Khalid, 20

khalid; album: american teen

scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagram.com

Okay, yes, technically, Khalid isn't a teen anymore but he is too good not to be included (plus he just turned 20, okay). Khalid released his album, "American Teen," last year but the album is one of the freshest albums in the pop world right now. His soothing voice tells stories of high school memories and the constant battle of "playing games" with a lover.

The New Mexico native started out on SoundCloud but he is not just any normal SoundCloud artist, so don't let that deceive you. Khalid has been noticed by celebrities such as Kendrick Lamar and Kylie Jenner. Plus, he plans to tour with Lorde! Basically, if you haven't already listened to his album, it's the perfect summer soundtrack.

3. Bea Miller, 19

bea miller; album: aurora

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhHkp9yArSM/?taken-by=beamiller

Bea Miller is a sultry, sexy voice who is talking about girl power and diversity. Her new album, "aurora" is Bea's portrayal of her sharing her own voice with the world. Her song, "S.L.U.T" discusses the topic of slut-shaming and the intensity of it regarding young women. In an interview with Teen Vogue, she says, "We need to lift each other because when women come together they're so strong, and when men see us tearing each other down then that makes them think it's ok to do the same thing." As a woman, this album really depicts the life of an average 18-year-old woman — relationships, friends, and confidence.

4. Grace VanderWaal, 14

grace vanderwaal; album: just the beginning

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbPYOcPAzma/?taken-by=gracevanderwaal

This superstar is the youngest person on this list but she has been doing the most, honestly. After winning the 11th season of America's Got Talent, she produced her debut album, began a modeling career, and announced she is touring with Imagine Dragons. Grace's music gives off such a vintage feel while being full of ukulele solos and sunshine. Listening to this cheeky singer, you won't be able to not just smile.

5. Olivia O'Brien, 18

olivia o'brien; album: it's not that deep

scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagram.com

Olivia O'Brien had an unexpected jump in popularity when her hit single, " I hate you, I love you" featuring Gnash was literally on every radio station 24/7. Believing that you have probably heard it at least once, the rest of her debut album is also killer. Her R&B sound mixes with pop in songs such as "No Love" and "Tequilawine" that ultimately make her tunes so catchy. This 18-year-old with be all over the music industry in a blink of an eye, I'm predicting it now.