Musicians with a hidden talent

Musicians with a hidden talent

We all know that musicians are extremely talented. But many of them have other hidden skills. Sometimes unknown to many except close friends or the most avid fans.

29
Musicians with a hidden talent

Of course musicians have to be talented – especially the popular ones. But not all of them have solely music related skills. In our discovery of musicians with hidden talents, we have outlined a few notable mentions in our list below:

Bob Dylan

Bob Dylan was born in Minnesota, America in an area where iron ore was very common. He has developed a talent for ironworking having sculpted some beautiful iron pieces that have been on display at art exhibitions.

Justin Bieber

Justin Bieber on the surface may seem to be your average pretty boy pop star. Yet, he also is a Rubik's cube fanatic with the ability to solve a cute at lightning pace in under two minutes.

Snoop Dogg

Unbeknownst to many, Snoop Dogg is a qualified football coach having helped his children over the years. He has served as the head coach for his son's football team, the Pomona Steelers and also started a Peewee Football League for young players.

Steve Martin

Ok, we get it, Steve Martin is commonly known for his acting. Although, he plays the banjo very well – his hidden talent – and has even started a small music career, hence our reason for including him here.

Kanye West

Just like his wife Kim Kardashian, Kanye has a keen eye and passion for fashion design. His popular Yeezy Boost shoes in partnership with Adidas are one of his notable fashion releases.

Prince

Price has a secret passion for ping pong or table tennis. Has often challenged other notable celebrities to a game.

Flea

Flea (Michael Peter Balazry) from the Red Hot Chilli Peppers plays more than bass guitar. Secretly, he's been hiding some serious chess skills. One time when the band was in tour in Rio, he challenged the world-chess champion Magnus Carlson to match. So he either has great expertise or confidence.

Steve Vai

Steve Vai the talented guitarist, loves to bee keep. He says his interest first peaked when he came to Hollywood when swarms of bees would travel into his neighbour's backyard to pollenate the flowers. Steve started his own hive and now harvest honey for friends, neighbours, and even charities.

Vanilla Ice

Vanilla Ice the 90's hip hop star loves extreme sports of all kinds – mainly jet skiing and motor-cross. To keep this interesting, he also has a fascination with the Amish culture and occasionally dabbles in home decorating. Vanilla Ice once entered a jet skiing competition and ranked very well.

J. Cole

Some rappers have a surprising history, and that includes J. Cole who can play the violin. J. Cole featured his violin skills on his YouTube series "Cole Summer" during a trip to a music store.

Jack White

Jack White is the quirky musician, lead singer and guitarist from the band The White Stripes, often heard on chill out radio. Perhaps that explains his passion for dead animals which is why he took up taxidermy – the art of preparing and stuffing dead animals to preserve them with lifelike effect – as a hobby.

Eminem

Secretly, Eminem is a bit of a nerd. He loves comics and collects them. He doesn't hide his love for superheros either with rumours suggesting he has a crazy comic book collection. In the past Eminem has teamed up with Marvel for the "Eminem/Punisher: Kill You" issue and he also appeared on the front cover of "Mighty Avengers #3" with Iron Man.

Alice Cooper

A 180-degree departure from his usual high paced rock style life, Alice Cooper frequently returns to the peaceful pace of being an avid golfer. He calls himself a golf addict having released a self-written book about golf.