Why Music Is So Important to Our Youth

Why Music Is So Important to Our Youth

How music makes our world go around.

172
Why Music Is So Important to Our Youth

Whether you make it or just listen to it during a long car ride, music is important. Music has so many different genres and so many different vibes. Music can make you feel happy, sad, energetic, or lazy. Music can inspire you to chase your dreams or it can inspire you to be a better person to your peers and everyone in the world around you. Not all music is supposed to be inspirational and not all music makes you want to get up and dance, but that is the very beauty of it.

Music goes back many many centuries to when it was just wooden instruments and string instruments made from scratch. Now we have so much technology that allow us to make an unlimited number of sounds. In the past music was just a limited amount of sounds containing different patterns. Now we have lyrics on top of our music that we can sing along to. Well, for some of us it is singing for others it is just yelling the words at the top of your lungs. But you get the point.

There are so many different ways music is used in people's everyday lives or in movies, commercials, online ads, or even just music that you hear while walking around your favorite clothing store. There are such a wide range of genres that some people argue that some music should not even have a classification. The reason for classifications in music is to help people find more of what they like to listen to. It is often misconstrued that music genres are meant to keep music separate and meant to keep different sounds segregated. That's not true at all because when we listen to a song come on the radio we often hear a bit of all types of music genres. There can be some hip-hop, rock, classical, and even opera in today's music. Allowing people that listen to a wide variety of music come together from all parts of the world and find a common interest in a certain song or artist.

The importance of music to our youth is so deep and the older generation doesn't really understand. Not only does it help push you while you're in the gym or keep you sane during a six-hour family road trip. It also helps some teens deal with depression and anxiety. Often people dealing with depression and anxiety feel alone, and like no one understands. Artists and their music change that by sending a message to all people who may be feeling alone or depressed telling them, "you're not alone, I can relate." Artists tend to create communities containing fans that all have different backgrounds but deal with the same everyday struggle.

The communities created by artists bring so many people together. People of all races and backgrounds come together by supporting the same artist and sharing love for a similar type of music of similar artists whether hip-hop, rock, or country. Concerts are such a big way to bring people together, just being in open space with your favorite music and people that feel the lyrics the same way you do or just vibe to the same songs you do. Music can help make friendships and people often say if their significant other can't listen to the same music, it's a deal breaker.

We've seen in those corny movies where the guy has a crush on the girl and gets into the music she likes even though he absolutely hates it just so he can get her approval. Yeah, that happens in real life as well. It just goes to show how big of a deal music is to our youth and how it can change people's opinions on others or even make or break a relationship.

Listen to as much music as you can! Support as many artists as you can! One day you'll be old and frail and won't be able to "turn-up" any more. Enjoy music while you're young and share the artists and music you love with the people you love and never stop sharing, because music makes the world go around.