Music Lovers: Feast Your Eyes On This Must Have Music App

9

If you’re an avid music lover like me, you might have found yourself displeased with the storage capacity of your iPod, or your iPhone.  My music library is approaching five thousand songs and will only continue to grow as new and exciting music is released.

I can’t really hope for a portable device that will hold my entire collection without giving up a pretty penny for this convenience. So far, my 30 gig iPod has failed me --and my phone is even worse -- because pictures, videos and applications occupy part of those precious 30 gigs.

However, there is one application for music that is totally worth the extra space.  FratMusic has something for everyone, and something for “every essential situation in your life,” as per the app’s description. This app was created by Broftware LLC and it’s standard version is free for download!  Although, it does include the Pandora-style limited skips and the occasional commercial, you can easily and affordably upgrade to commercial-free music for a one time payment. Each track from this app is linked to the popular music website Soundcloud, so most of them are even accessible for your own library!     

The distinguishing feature of this app is that it offers a number of categories and playlists to choose from to fit all situations. Some of the categories include things such as: rage, chillin', study, pregame, day drinking, workout, country, EDM, remixes, etc. Within these categories are unique playlists constructed by college students from all over the country that fit a particular mood or theme. For example, in the day drinking category, you may come across playlists such as: Flip Flops & Hip Hop, BBQ Bumps, Pool Day Cool Day, Grillin’ and Chillin, or The ‘Merican Way.  No matter what your mood or the situation, there’s bound to be a playlist on this application that satisfies exactly what you’re looking for.               

We all know that having playlists already made up for you and immediately at your disposal is awesome.  This is especially true because we know that for the average college student, making our own playlists is difficult and time consuming.  Unless you know some other magical way of doing it, this process normally includes finding tracks, buying or downloading them, organizing your music library, and then separating your music into respective categories and playlists. So why not let your fellow students, who have already been through this process, share the love with you? 

This app is not only good for hearing your favorites, but it’s also a great way to discover new music and genres. FratMusic has everything from country, pop, and classic to electronic, trap, hip-hop, and future music. By utilizing these playlists you may just stumble upon something you have never experienced or thought you would enjoy. Being a DJ, and knowing a great deal of music, I can vouch for this fact because I have made several new and exciting discoveries after only a short time engaging with this app.               

The app is catered towards college students! This makes it relatable and fun. The names of the categories and playlists are in tune with our everyday (and night) experiences, and they know exactly what to say. So give it a download and enjoy!