Music Is About Connection, And That's Why It Means So Much To Us

One song is capable of changing lives.

SAshton
SAshton
305

Music means a lot to many people. It always has, and it will continue to be a vital part of our everyday lives. Music has the ability to change our emotional state, or perhaps heighten it, from happy to happier or from sad to smiling. It can be described as a language or a thought that is universally understood by thousands. It's able to bring many together.

Music is the one language that is able to unite a whole world of people. It has the power to connect and establish bonds. Music allows us to explore emotions — both happy and sad. A good song or piece of music is guaranteed to make you feel either way. If you feel sad, a song can cure it.

For myself, music has always been a form of escape. It has brought me happiness from a young age. Growing up, I would listen to the Jonas Brothers, the original boy band I adored, and their music just made me feel happy.

Disney songs also made me feel this way. These songs brought me happiness and made me laugh a lot throughout my childhood. However, these songs aren't just songs. They taught me many lessons, such as how to overcome powerful obstacles. The song "Go The Distance" from Hercules heavily pointed this out to me, whilst other joyous songs, such as "Hakuna Matata" from The Lion King, taught me that it is perfectly OK to let loose and have no worries.

What I love about music is the fact that artists and fans are able to connect. Whether this happens via social media or at a concert, the connection between an artist and his or her fans is the rawest, important connection. Having been to many concerts myself, I find the artist/fan relationship is eternally important, especially during those emotional moments when the audience sings lyrics back to the artist.

Gigs do not only provide a sense of connection between the artist and fans, but also the fans as a collective. Relationships are formed through music, whether this be through an online association or from meeting new people at gigs. I have made many friends at gigs and will continue to do so.

The joy experienced when meeting others who love the same music as you is unforgettable. When you're at a gig and come to realize that everyone in the room shares the same passion and love as you do, it is just extremely powerful. It brings you together as an audience, particularly during emotional songs.

Due to the obvious similarities between fans, it is easier for them to get along and form relationships with one another. Songs are a vital part of this, as they connect artists and their fans as previously mentioned. Artists are able to express their emotions and experiences through their art and in doing so this also helps others who listen to these songs, they and the artist will find relief in this.

Lyrics are also a powerful source, as they enable an artist to tell their story through lyrics. These lyrics are then brought to life through songs. These songs will then be released and probably performed to a live audience.

And one song is capable of changing lives. This is why I think music is universally adored by so many people.