9 Movies That Will Make You Laugh And Then Cry

A great movie will make you laugh and cry.
977

There are many great films out there, but I have an eclectic list of films across genres that make me laugh and cry. Check these movies out if you haven't had the chance to do so!

1. "When Harry Met Sally"

You'll laugh at everything Harry says and does. You'll cry when Harry and Sally are fighting.

2. "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" Parts 1 and 2

Harry Potter

You'll laugh at Ron's quirkiness and Fred and George. You'll cry because of Snape and Dobby - need I say more? Don't even get me started on that Hermione torture scene.

3. "Forrest Gump"

Forrest Gump

This movie is one of the classics and evokes every emotion you could want to get out of a movie. Forrest experiences incredible things over his lifetime. This should be a "must see" for everyone.

4. "Holes"

You'll laugh at the banter between the boys. You'll cry as the backstory is revealed. This movie has quite a bit of history included in the story, and it is extremely well-thought out. It makes an incredible emotional impact on the audience.

5. "Inside Out"

Inside Out

This movie literally covers emotions, including joy and sadness. This one is an emotional rollercoaster in particular.

6. "The Holiday"

The Holiday

This movie has one of the most unique stories. Arthur's life and lines alone will make you laugh and cry. I particularly love all of the emotional elements of this movie.

7. "What a Girl Wants"

What A Girl Wants

You'll laugh at Daphne being a dork and her recklessness. You'll cry over how sweet and precious the ending is. This movie is so meaningful in its commentary on daddy-daughter relationships.

8. "Moulin Rouge"

Moulin Rouge

There's quite a bit of comedy and deception. At the same time, the story will have you crying all over the place by the end. Be prepared with some tissues.

9. "The Truman Show"

This movie's whole premise is just comical and sad all at the same time. Check this out if you haven't- it will blow your mind.

The best movies make you laugh and cry all at the same time. Any of these movies are perfect for a winter night of cuddling up, getting cozy under a blanket, and relaxing for an evening in. You won't regret watching any of these.