Over my Thanksgiving break, I saw the Queen documentary film "Bohemian Rhapsody," and it was even better than I expected! The movie tells the story of Farrokh Bulsara's (better known as Freddie Mercury) early life and rise to stardom. It shows him rebelling against his family's wishes to join a band and make music, and it also shows him dealing with identity issues that he faces, such as coming to terms with his bisexuality.

Even if you're not a fan of Queen's music (in which case you confuse me), you'll still appreciate the film, and chances are you'll learn a lot from it! I've been a lifelong Queen fan thanks to my parents, and there were even a few things I didn't know about the origin of the band.

Rami Malek, who plays Mercury himself, does a fantastic job. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up winning some Oscars. Casting the right actor in documentary films is almost always a difficult task, but Malek completely blew every expectation out of the water. There were a few moments that I forgot that it wasn't the "real" Freddie Mercury up there on the screen. Although the entire cast is talented, Malek is the best.

The movie is definitely a rock-fest, but it also has very emotional and serious moments. I will not be giving any spoilers, but anyone familiar with Mercury's life (particularly the end of it) can probably figure out why the movie gets sad sometimes. The movie, in no way, covers every single thing that happened to Freddie Mercury and Queen; that would be impossible! But it's still, overall, a fantastic portrayal of the band and the people in it.

I highly recommend "Bohemian Rhapsody" for everyone, regardless of their taste in music or film.