How to Move to Canada If Trump (Or Any Hopeless Candidate) Becomes President

Buy your Toronto Maple Leaves jersey, and perfect your pancakes while you can
2

Now that Kasich and Cruz have dropped out of the running, Trump has the majority locked up to win the U.S. Presidential nomination for the Republican party, and therefore, has a strong chance of becoming the next leader of our country. This is absolutely terrifying to me. You see, I believe that very few, if any, of the potential candidates in all parties of this election season have what it takes to tackle the growing problems of our country. However, I, like many, am most afraid by what may come if Trump takes the Oval Office.

There are many vows that have floated around about moving to Canada if Trump wins the election, including, but not limited to:

Miley Cyrus, who wrote, "“YOU DT ARE NOT GOD NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU THINK YOU ARE!!! (& if he doesn’t think he is “God” he thinks he is the f—king chosen one or some s—t! We’re all just f—king jam between his rich ass toes! Honestly f—k this s—t I am moving if this is my president! I don’t say things I don’t mean!" on Instagram at the end of February.

Whoopi Goldberg, who went off on Trump during a January episode of "The View," saying, "That’s not the President I want. Maybe it’s time for me to move, you know. I can afford to go."

And George Lopez, who told TMZ shortly after Trump announced he would run for President in June, that there are “enough racists in this country for him to get elected. If he wins, he won’t have to worry about immigration. We’ll all go back.”

So, maybe you'll be beside Cyrus, Goldberg and Lopez in December, pouring fresh maple syrup on your pancakes in your Maple Leaves jersey each morning, while enjoying some good ol' Degrassi reruns.

Here's how to complete your move to Canada if Trump wins the election this November:

1. Get a job in Canada

You may be wondering how to get a work permit to obtain a job in the frigid air of Canada, but there are many jobs that don't require one! You could become a professional athlete or even a circus performer!

However, if you are born without the talent gene, you're s--- out of luck there, and need to obtain a traditional job and permit. Lucky for you, foreign-born workers can work legally in Canada for up to four years. Conveniently, four years is also the amount of time that Trump would be president!

2. Choose a place in Canada to live

Toronto has the Maple Leaves, which will match your super trendy morning jersey, Vancouver has some of the most peaceful and diverse populations in all of Canada and Quebec surrounds you with the sexy language of French. This makes it a tough call!

Fortunately, in case you can't decide, Cape Breton has stated it will welcome all American refugees in the event of Trump's' election, "Where women can get abortions, Muslim people can roam freely and the only 'walls' are holding up the roofs of our extremely affordable houses."

3. Move to Canada

Kayak offered discounted tickets to Canada after the primaries, so there are bound to be similar deals that arise if Trump is announced President. So no worries if you're on a budget!

"Is the election making you want to #MovetoCanada? RT for a chance to win a one-way ticket to Canada. #1WaytoCanadahttps://t.co/rT6u3aOr9D— KAYAK (@KAYAK) March 2, 2016"

4. Enjoy the Canadian and Trump-Free Bliss

Free healthcare, zero 'walls,' interesting pronunciation of "out" and "about," and peaceful acceptance of religion and personal choices! Oh, (sweet) Canada, eh?

Ultimately, it's too soon to book your flight just yet, but I would start buying your sweaters while they're on sale from the winter, studying up on the ins and outs of hockey and perfecting the perfect pancakes for Canadian maple syrup. That way, when November rolls around and the building of the wall begins, the only drama you'll be surrounded by is the teen pregnancy and drug problems of Degrassi High.