5 Activities To Do With Your Mom On Mother’s Day During Social-Distancing

Celebrate your mom in style, from the comfort of your own home.

23

Planning surprises for our loved ones can be extremely hard. The celebrations will be different this year because of the stay-at-home orders, but that doesn't mean you can't bring the activity you were planning to your house. Here is a list of 5 ways to celebrate your mother the right way at home this year.

Bring Your Mom's Favorite Restaurant Inside Your Home

Stay-at-home orders due to the Coronavirus have eliminated the opportunity to dine out with your mom this Mother's Day. Instead, try cooking or ordering food from your mother's favorite restaurant and recreating the atmosphere within your house. You and your siblings can dress up as waiters/waitresses and treat the queen of the house in the way she deserves to be treated.

At Home Spa Day

Many people have been doing their own manicures and pedicures at home because of coronavirus. Try picking up some things to give your mom an at home spa day. Similar to the restaurant idea, you can decorate any room in your house to create a relaxing atmosphere to pamper your mom on Mother's Day.

Host A Zoom Mother's Day Celebration

Zoom is one of the main modes of communication these days. Birthday parties, college lectures, and business meetings have all been held on the platform since the coronavirus outbreak. If your mother is missing loved ones who can't celebrate her in person, host a zoom party so they can still celebrate with her this year.

Create a Scavenger Hunt For Her Gifts

To add a bit of excitement to gift giving on Mother's Day, create a scavenger hunt for her to find her gifts. Make a list of clues that require her to look all around the house, outside, in the garage, and anywhere else to make finding her gifts a fun activity for everyone to enjoy together. Filming the experience can make a funny home video and help you capture memories.

Have A Mother's Day Photoshoot

Convince your mother to get all dressed up in her Sunday's best and take pictures. You can look up poses online if you need inspiration and decorate an area to create a backdrop. Use your phone, or camera if you have one, to take portraits of your mom this year.