The 13 Most Popular Halloween Horror Movies Around The World

The 13 Most Popular Horror Movies To Watch With Your Boo Since It's Gonna Get Freaky This Halloween

Time to add in some scares you actually signed up for in 2020.

5427
Netflix/Fox

Halloween is just days away and though spooky season feels like it's lasted a lot longer than a few weeks of 2020, it's time to add some scares you've actually signed up for to the mix. Personally, I love a good fright as long as I'm prepared.

Plus, thanks to data from Premier Inn that revealed the most popular horror movies searched for at Halloween in the United States and other countries around the world, we have the perfect list of scary movies to watch with your boo in case things get a little extra freaky.

1. "The Shining" (1980)

"The Shining" is also the most popular Halloween horror movie in the U.S., Scotland, and the Republic of Ireland.

How to watch: Amazon Prime

2. "Zombieland: Double Tap" (2019)

How to watch: Hulu (with STARZ add-on) or Amazon Prime

3. "Alien" (1979)

"Alien" is also the most popular Halloween horror movie in England, New Zealand, Spain, France, Germany, Norway, and Wales.

How to watch: Hulu (with HBO add-on), HBO, or Amazon Prime

4. "Scream" (1996)

How to watch: Freeform (with cable log-in) or Amazon Prime

5. "IT" (1990)

"IT" is also the most popular Halloween horror movie in South Africa and U.A.E.

How to watch: Amazon Prime

6. "Halloween" (1978)

How to watch: Amazon Prime

7. "Insidious" (2010)

How to watch: Amazon Prime

8. "Hereditary" (2018)

How to watch: Amazon Prime

9. "Gerald's Game" (2017)

How to watch: Netflix

10. "The Conjuring" (2013)

"The Conjuring II" is the most popular Halloween horror movie in India.

How to watch: Amazon Prime

11. "Midsommar" (2019)

"Midsommar" is also the most popular Halloween horror movie in Singapore.

How to watch: Amazon Prime

12. "The Exorcist" (1973)

How to watch: Amazon Prime

13. "Sleepy Hollow" (1999)

How to watch: Netflix

>> Click here to print your Ultimate Couples' Horror Movie Checklist <<

As an Amazon Affiliate, Odyssey may earn a portion of qualifying sales.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.