13 Of The Most Moving Musical Songs

13 Of The Most Moving Musical Songs

I miss Broadway.

60
13 Of The Most Moving Musical Songs

The beauty of live theater as an audience member is feeling emotionally connected with the actors onstage. Reality melts away as you get sucked into their world, their thoughts, and their hearts. My favorite thing about musicals is how the music and lyrics contribute to the story and the characters. How the swells and inflections captivate the audience and force them to truly listen. Here is a list of 13 songs from musicals that give me all the feels.

For Good - Wicked

This song is all about friendship and growing and changing for the better. It will really make you evaluate your own friendships and make you want to force your friend to learn the harmonies to sing this song with them. And who doesn't love Idina Menzel?

She Used to Be Mine - Waitress

A pregnant woman from her abusive relationship evaluates her life and reflects on who she is and who she was during a time where she feels hopeless and alone. This song makes me tear up every time.

You Will Be Found - Dear Evan Hansen

Mental health is extremely important and even more important is for those who are suffering from depression and suicidal thoughts to feel supported and heard. Also, I'm obsessed with Ben Platt.

I'd Give My Life For You - Miss Saigon

This song is so powerful and perfectly reflects the true and fierce love of a mother for her child.

Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again - The Phantom of the Opera

Anyone who has lost a loved one can relate to this song. It is about a young woman remembering the father she lost and loved and trying to move on with her life without him.

Falling Slowly- Once

As one of the more well known songs from Broadway, this simple song is simply beautiful.

It's Quiet Uptown - Hamilton

This song takes place after the death of Hamilton's son. A truly unimaginable tragedy for anyone.

All I Ask of You - The Phantom of the Opera

All I want is for someone to sing this song with me. The sweet and tender lyrics with the beautiful music gives me goosebumps.

On My Own - Les Miserables

Heartbreaking. Les Mis is full of beautiful songs but this one breaks my heart.

Those You've Known - Spring Awakening

After mourning the loss of two of his friends, a young boy decides to live and to carry his loved ones in his heart. I'm also obsessed with Jonathan Groff.

Far From the Home I Love - Fiddler on the Roof

Everyone loves home, but sometimes life must take you away from your home. Hodel is torn between leaving her family and her home and joining her love. But maybe I'm biased towards this song because I performed it in high school.

I Know Where I've Been - Hairspray

This song always made me cry, and especially with everything going on now in our country it's an important song to hear and to truly listen to.

Seasons of Love - Rent

One of my all time favorite Broadway songs ever. The lyrics say it all. Remember the love.