My 5 Favorite Places At Mississippi State University

It's all beautiful, but here are some of my favorites.

182

Coming to Mississippi State University has definitely been the best decision I've ever made! I've made great friends, my classes are amazing, and the scenery is great! If you're looking to be at MSU anytime soon- check these places out- I'm sure you'll see their beauty life I do!

1. The Chapel of Memories

The Chapel of Memories- erected with the bricks from the original Old Main Dormitory- is the most peaceful and beautiful place on campus, in my opinion! It's tall bell-tower and old bricks make you feel like you're looking at a piece of history (which you are). If you're on campus at the strike of the hour, you'll hear it's bell ring, and it's one thing that gets me through those Monday blues.

2. The Colvard Student Union

If you ask any student on Mississippi State's campus where the Colvard Student Union is, they'll definitely be able to point you in the right direction. Located at the center of campus, right on the drill field, "The Union" is a social hub. It's always full of people, and the line for Chick-Fil-A is always slammed (but the line moves very efficiently if I do say so). You'll always see something going on in the Union, whether it's Mental Health Assessments, Major Fairs, or students eating and cramming for their exams- the Union is never dull.

3. The Perry Cafeteria

c1.staticflickr.com

Now, y'all know that I can't get through this list without talking about somewhere to eat, because while the Union has their fair assortment- Flex Dollars can run out quickly! So if you're looking for somewhere to spend those block meals- the Perry is where it's at! With all-you-care-to-eat foods for everyone, including Vegan and Gluten-free options, the Perry has it all! From Breakfast to early dinner, the Perry is always stocked with amazing food- not to mention it has world flags hanging on the walls! It's definitely my go-to cafeteria.

4. The Drill Field

If you are a student (for future student) at Mississippi State University, you will go to the Drill Field. Many of your classes will be centered around the Drill Field, but also so many things happen on the Drill Field every single day! Free tee shirts, free food, and other things are just handed out on campus. Many sororities, fraternities, and other campus organizations will set up tables on the Drill Field for people to come learn about them. It's an amazing place to sit and look at cloud shapes, listen to music, or stargaze at night! The Drill Field is truly one of the most beautiful on campus.

5. Davis Wade Stadium

Now, y'all knew I couldn't forget this one! Davis-Wade Stadium, the only place where you can hear cowbells ringing for bulldogs! It's so electric and hype on game day weekends, and if it's not a game day weekend, you just look at the stadium- wishing it was. It is the most fun place on campus on the weekend for sure, and I can't wait to be back in cheering for my Bulldogs!

Well, folks, there's my list of places that I love on campus! There are obviously so many others- Humphrey Coliseum, Fresh Food Company, The Junction, Old Main, and more! I could go on and on about how much I love Mississippi State University and how it is absolutely the most beautiful university in the world! Mississippi State, you have my heart, thank you for all of your beautiful sights (and sounds)!