life is a lot more fun when you dance in the rain
Nature Animals

Life Is Hard, But It's A Lot More Fun When You Learn How To Dance In The Rain

I heard someone casually use a quote in a simple conversation, and it inspired me to be more optimistic.

169
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/photography/photos/best-pod-june-2012/?source=link_fb20120703photo-junepod&utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Social&utm_content=link_fb20120703photo-junepod&utm_campaign=Content#/54819.jpg

Someone told me today that they heard a saying once that inspired them. It was; "Life is not about making it through the storm. It is about learning how to dance in the rain". What a wonderful thought that is; to be able to not only face our hardships head first, but to learn to embrace them. To laugh through them, and to be inspired by the storm that will inevitably come from time to time to take away our sunshine, whether we want it to or not.

Life is hard. I think many of us can agree with this statement. Trials and tribulations come about on a daily basis, and whether you have to take four exams in the span of a week, or you have a job interview coming up, we all know what it feels like to be overwhelmed. And this is because life is hard. We are keen to recognizing this fact, yet we are also quick to ignore the idea that we have a say in how we go about it. You can wake up every morning and think to yourself; "wow, I sure have it rough. This day is going to be a doozy."

Or, you can wake up with a grateful heart and a grateful mind and realize that life may be tough, but you have the power to make it through. Open up your heart and open up your mind. Do not let the world get you down! We cannot change the fact that from time to time, the sunshine and rainbows will disappear and we will have to brace a storm. However, we can change what we do during the storm, and this is what truly counts. This is what defines us; what sets us apart from others. When we learn to take things with a grain of salt, and when we realize the role of every storm in the overall complexity and scheme of our lives, we are able to be happier. We are able to laugh, take our shoes off, and dance in the rain like fools.

Do not take life too seriously. Life will be hard whether you want it to or not, and that is because we are all human and this cannot be changed. Accept this fact. Embrace it. Learn to laugh about it. Learn to be happy in the face of it. Your mindset is controlled entirely and solely by YOU. Learn to live a little, and learn to let go. It's much more fun out there in the rain than it is inside, anyway.