10 Monica Geller outfits that you can re-create

10 Monica Geller Outfits That Made Us Fall In Love With 90s Fashion

Monica Geller's outfits were all that and a bag of chips.

82102
https://www.cosmopolitan.com/uk/fashion/style/a38936/90s-fashion-trends-we-wore/

Similar to how other college students spent their time off from school, the majority of my winter break consisted of binge-watching "Friends" on Netflix. So far I'm on season five and I've become inspired by all the outfits the well-known cast flaunts throughout the early seasons, and yes even the ones Janice wears.

While it was my first time watching the series, starting from the beginning, I was excited to see the iconic wardrobe that the women of "Friends" rocked throughout the 90s and later made us fall in love with. Before starting the series, I was most excited to get outfit inspiration from Rachel Green, because we all know she was the style icon at the time. However, it was Monica Geller's wardrobe that really caught my eye.

Maybe it's because of how simple, yet classy her outfits were or the fact that she can rock a t-shirt and jeans, no matter what the occasion is. With the fashion from the 90s coming back with a bang, listed below are 10 iconic Monica Geller outfits that you can re-create and pull off today!

1. The one with the straight-leg jeans

If you know anything about the iconic wardrobe from 'Friends' then you must know that Monica's go to outfit involved straight-leg jeans. I mean c'mon!! Jeans can go with any outfit, and especially look great with a spaghetti strap tank top, like the one Monica models above.

2. The one with the floral vintage skirt 

Another one of Monica's signature looks includes this vintage floral skirt, that happens to look great paired with a short-sleeved knit sweater. I'm all for a vintage vibe and I believe anyone can rock this outfit no matter what decade.

3. The one with the black and white pinstriped pants

After watching this episode where Monica flaunts black and white pinstriped pants with a black crop top to match, I knew I had seen this outfit before. Not only have I see these pants become trendy in the past year, but I think there are various ways to dress them up or down depending on your plans.

4. The one with denim on denim

You can't go wrong with a denim on denim outfit! Paired with white sneakers, this outfit screams 2018. Not only have plain white sneakers become really popular in the last year, but mom jeans are easy to pair with a button up, similar to Monica's.

5. The one with flannel, jeans and Converse

No surprise here! Can we take a moment to appreciate how this outfit will never go out of style? Thanks Monica for showing just how easy, yet simple it is to put together an outfit, found in most closets.

6. The one with an oversized knit sweater

Whether you found one in your dad's closet or picked it up from a thrift store, a chunky knit sweater is a necessity, especially in the winter time. Once again, pair it with some cute mom jeans and you got yourself an outfit.

7. The one with the casual v-neck dress 

Now this is the perfect outfit for when you want to keep your look casual, but fun on the weekend! You can never go wrong with a cute floral printed dress, especially the ones you can pair a shiny necklace with.

8. The one with the black turtle neck and gray sweater dress

Whether you are cooking up a storm in the kitchen, going out on a date, or anything else in between, a sweater dress paired with a plain black turtle neck can be a good change in your everyday wardrobe.

9. The one with the coral striped top

When Monica didn't stick to her elegant preppy style, we can spot her wearing her basic tees with her, you guessed it, iconic jeans with black boots.

10. The one with classic overalls and a white tank

Overalls coming back in style? No one told you life was gonna be this way! This list wouldn't be complete without including this unforgettable look, which not to mention, has to be my all-time favorite.