An Open Letter To My Mom

An Open Letter To My Mom

Thank you for everything.
1241

My boyfriend started to read over my shoulder as I tried to write my article for this week, and as he does so, he says, "Cliche. You are so cliche." Well, boyfriend of mine, how is this for cliche?

I haven't always known the woman I call my mom. That's not to say I haven't known her for a while. I have. I've known her since I was a little younger than two.

Now I'm sure most of you have heard of the "evil step-mom" cliche. My mom is anything but.

Sure, she has her moments of what my little brother calls "mama bear," but I wouldn't trade her for the world.

She's always there for me. She helps me even when she's 150 miles away from me.

Just this past week, I told her that my glasses were broken. She immediately calls me, and tells me what I need to do. A week later, I have a package in the mail with my new glasses and some snacks.

I find it hard to always let her know how much I appreciate her. Sometimes, she doesn't believe me. I figured, why not write an article for her without her knowing?

So here it goes.

Mom, thank you for continuing to support me throughout all my endeavors. Thank you for your unwavering support. I wouldn't be where I am without you or dad.

I've never known you not to believe in what I'm doing. You've always told me to follow my dreams, despite my dreams being sometimes outrageous.

I also want to thank you for introducing me to two things that I love. Singing and reading. You may not realize it, but without your constant nagging or devotion to two things you love, I wouldn't love them either. I wouldn't be in my major. I wouldn't be in my a cappella group.

There are so many things I have adopted thanks to you. While I may not be your child by blood, I am by heart. Never forget that. I love you.

Thank you, mom. For everything you've done and everything you will continue to do for me. Words cannot describe how much you mean to me.