Mom, Thank You For The Little Things

Mom, Thank You For The Little Things

Most importantly, thank you for being my mom.

214
Mom, Thank You For The Little Things

Mom, I don't know how you do it. You've put up with me for so long and stayed so level-headed throughout it all. You've been through so much and taken care of me every day. You've loved me unconditionally, and I can't begin to thank you for everything you've done. You deserve so much praise for the big things, but I wanted to take sometimes to recognize the little things. Things that often go unnoticed or don't seem like they matter, but they do. I just wanted to say thank you for being the best mom a girl could ask for 24/7/365.

Thank you for powering through those nine months of pregnancy carrying me around in your belly.

Thank you for enduring the most painful process known to man just to bring me into this world.

Thank you for taking turns with Dad to comfort my nonstop screaming in the middle of the night.

Thank you for feeding me, burping me, bathing me, and holding me when I cried.

Thank you for letting me dress myself even when you knew I looked ridiculous.

Thank you for braiding my hair.

Thank you for letting me open a few Christmas presents a day early.

Thank you for surprising me cats when I was younger even though you and Dad both wanted more dogs.

Thank you for letting me order my own food when I wanted to try something new, but also for letting me steal your plate when I didn't like mine.

Thank you for reading me bedtime stories and tucking me in.

Thank you for coming and checking on me in the middle of the night when I woke up scared from a dream.

Thank you for doing my hair and makeup for my dance recitals and for always letting me pick out my lipstick shade.

Thank you for letting me steal most of the blankets when we shared a hotel bed.

Thank you for always sending Dad's pawn back to start instead of mine when we played Sorry.

Thank you for getting up at 6 A.M. to drive me to my volleyball tournaments 3 hours away.

Thank you for attending every sports game and cheering your proud heart out even when I couldn't hear you.

Thank you for singing with me in the car.

Thank you for not setting a curfew.

Thank you for putting up with my teenage mood swings.

Thank you for taking care of me when I was sick.

Thank you for buying me strawberries whenever you went grocery shopping because you know they're my favorite.

Thank you for letting me make my own decisions but also giving the best advice whenever I asked you for it.

Thank you for telling me I look beautiful no matter what I was wearing, how much sleep I got, or how messy my hair looked.

Thank you for letting me cuddle you on the couch.

Thank you for making my favorite meals when I come home.

Thank you for taking me shopping and using your coupons and special deals on me.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to spread my wings and explore the world.

Thank you for never pressuring me into doing anything I didn't want to but thank you for nudging me just enough.

Thank you for always having bandaids and gum in your purse.

Thank you for filling my water bottle up in the middle of games.

Thank you for answering for me at the doctor.

Thank you for making my appointments.

Thank you for showing me off.

Thank you for helping me to sweet-talk Dad into letting me do things.

Thank you for always staying patient and rarely losing your temper even though I did many things to deserve punishment.

Thank you for staying positive even through the hardest parts of my life and your own.

Thank you for always making me a priority and putting my needs above your own.

Thank you for being the strongest woman I know and my biggest role model.