Why I Love My Mom

My Mom Is My Biggest Supporter And My Best Friend

Because she's MOM: Made. Of. Money.

282
Tori Whidden

Mother, mom, mama sita, madre, mommy… whatever you may call her, does it all mean the same thing?

"MOM" can mean a variety of different things in the eyes of children.

To some, it stands for "Made. Of. Money."

To others, it means "Master. Of. Multitasking." and while both of these could be true, I think its more in the definition than the acronym. MOM is that amazing woman who gave birth to you. She is the woman in your life that will never go away. You spent nine months in her womb, but she would've held you in there for 9 years if she had to.

I can't speak for everyone, but in my eyes, my mom is truly the best woman to walk this earth. She would do anything for anyone and is truly an amazing woman who plays many roles in my life:

She is my best friend. My mom and I can shop all day together and have the best time in the world. Sometimes we window shop and on paydays we actually shop. I'll help pick out her clothes and if I'm lucky, she'll help me pay for mine. I truly have a better time shopping with her than anyone in the world.

She gives me advice. I gossip to my mom on the daily. She used to ask me how my day was when I was younger and now I call her and spill everything that happened before she even has the chance to say hi. She listens to my issues whether they're real or dramatic and she always has advice for me whether I want to hear it or not.

She is my biggest supporter. My mom supports me in every way, shape, and form. If I set a goal and do my best to achieve it, she is proud of me and lets the whole world know. Before attending UF, I was a student at Florida Atlantic University. No offense to all the owls out there but I wasn't exactly proud to go to that university. I was living at home and going to UF was my goal that I didn't achieve. I had been a Gator my whole life and wearing orange and blue since I was old enough to pick out my own clothes. My mom was so proud of me and bought herself "FAU MOM" stickers and shirts. She wanted everyone to know how proud she was of me. The day I got accepted into the University of Florida, she dug up her old gator shirts and ordered herself a GatorMom sticker for her car.

The bottom line to this is, my mom couldn't care less where I went, she was so proud of me no matter what.

Lastly...

She is nuts. As a joke my immediate family refers to her as "the crazy lady," and even though she genuinely lives up to the title, she is truly much more than her crazy self.

My mom is the most selfless person in the world and I hope to someday be as great of a person that she is and as amazing of a mother as she is. My sister and I wouldn't half the people we are today without my mom and I would truly just like to say that we appreciate you.

We all take our moms for granted every day. Every time my mom annoys me with her overprotective and overbearing motherly instincts, she always uses the saying "you'll be a mom one day and you'll understand." At the time, that usually annoys me, but I'm sure she's right. Moms are always right.

They're right about accusing you or doing something wrong because usually, we are. They're right about your friend being fake because we usually don't realize that until later. They're right about virtually everything, even though we hate to admit it.

So, don't take your mom for granted. She loves you unconditionally and she always will. Think about every time your hurt, or sad or afraid. Who is the one person that you not only want, but you NEED? I don't have to answer that for you because we all know who that is.

I love you mom.