MODERN SALON: THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO TRENDY DESIGN
News

MODERN SALON

15

The modern living room combines functionality and design to create a trendy and cozy decor. Designer pieces, sleek shapes and colors combine to create an interior that exudes modernity. Check out our best ideas for decorating your living room in this popular style.

A contemporary living room is above all a living room that adopts decorative objects in tune with the times. Contrary to popular belief, the modern living room is not always all-white, minimalist and cold. It can also be warm, mix several styles, adorn itself with nature and even have a pop or quirky decor.

The secret of a successful contemporary living room is to ensure that the furniture, decorative objects and colors are chosen are deeply modern. Follow our guide to a 100% modern living room.

1 / WHAT FURNITURE TO CHOOSE FOR A MODERN LIVING ROOM?

Knowing how to decorate your modern living room is not very complicated. Just follow some advice. The first step in creating a modern living room is the choice of furniture. Bet on clean lines which are a must for contemporary decor and which will bring character to your stay.

The other essential tip for a successful contemporary living room is to remember not to overload it. Keep only the furniture you need while allowing enough space to move around freely and breathe new life into your room.

A SOBER AND CLEAN SOFA

Choose a modern sofa, namely sober and elegant. Choose plain and classic colors such as taupe, gray, white or even black. So your fabric or leather sofa can easily be combined with other palettes and patterns. You can then afford to dress them up with colorful pillows and throws without risking overdoing it.

If you like to entertain, opt for a corner sofa that invites conviviality by offering more seating than a classic sofa while providing more comfort. To save wall space and make your room appear larger, choose a sofa without armrests.

A DESIGN COFFEE TABLE

Coffee tables are central to the success of modern living room decor. Choose designer pieces to add character to your interior. The shape of your coffee table plays an important role in the space and harmony of your living room, we moroccanwarmrugs advise you to choose it round or square for a contemporary touch.

For small spaces, prefer glass coffee tables that play on transparency. Are you looking for originality? Coffee tables with atypical materials such as driftwood or concrete will satisfy your desire.

A SCANDINAVIAN ARMCHAIR

To complete the decor of your modern living room, decorate it with a beautiful comfortable armchair. The Scandinavian armchair easily finds its place in a contemporary-style living room. Very trendy and convenient, it brings even more modernity to your living room.

With multiple models and colors, the Scandinavian armchair is the perfect ally of modern living room decor. Opt for thin wooden legs to be as close as possible to the contemporary style.

A RICH LIBRARY

The bookcase is an essential piece of furniture in any home and especially in those of reading lovers. It accommodates your books, your decorative items, your travel souvenirs and it doesn't take more to dress up your centerpiece.

To further emphasize the contemporary side of your living room, consider a classic style but not ordinary that will know how to navigate the years without ever getting bored. Also, remember to light up your favorite readings with clip-in wall lights or even add original bookends.

2 / WHAT COLORS FOR A MODERN LIVING ROOM?

The most obvious choice in terms of color for your modern living room is to go for neutral tones. It is nevertheless possible to open up to other options for a successful contemporary stay.

NEUTRAL COLORS

If you are having trouble deciding on the colors to assign to your room, know that nothing beats a neutral palette for modern living room decor.

So think off-white, beige, taupe, gray ... Soothing colors that help to give an airy and refined appearance to your contemporary living room.

THE BLACK AND WHITE DUO

Nothing is more elegant than the black and white combination for a living room. Timeless, this duo no longer needs to be proven and fits perfectly into the contemporary lineage.

With your winning palette in mind, give free rein to your desires: a sofa in beautiful mat or shiny black leather, a bi-chromatic coffee table, cushions mixing and marrying the two colors. The notes of whites and blacks will give a cozy and warm atmosphere to your modern living room.

COLOR IN THE HONOR A modern living room is a decoration that respects certain rules but it is also a universe that resembles you. Do you like color? Feel free to add it in small doses with brightly colored cushions or rugs to brighten up your entire room.

3 / WHAT DECORATIVE ITEMS FOR A MODERN LIVING ROOM?

To personalize your modern living room, sort through your decorative items to keep only those that are most important to you. The idea is to give character to your stay without overloading it.

Once you've made your selection, be sure to arrange them in a way that keeps your room tidy. Use your storage to hide functional items from view and display the rest in dedicated furniture.

SCREENED LIGHT

Light plays a vital role in the harmony of your modern living room. Choose designer lights that allow you to adjust the brightness to suit the different uses you make of your room.

If you opt for neutral colors, also multiply the light sources to create a cocooning atmosphere and bring warmth to your contemporary living room.

COZY CUSHIONS

Cushions aren't just about bringing comfort to your room. They also introduce softness to your modern living room.

Place it everywhere on your sofas and armchairs by choosing warm colors or original patterns to break up the sleek side of your furniture.

MOROCCAN POUFS

Through your modern living room decor, tell a story of travel and escape by favoring pretty Moroccan poufs as additional seats.

In fabric, they come in several styles, sizes and models and go well with any type of interior. You can also adopt a Moroccan leather pouf for an even more unique look.

A BEAUTIFUL BERBER CARPET

Wondering how to choose a contemporary living room rug? Consider Berber or custom-made Moroccan rugs which have several advantages including their welcoming side and their originality.

Dress your modern living room with a beautiful vintage rug or a kilim rug to energize the decor and liven up the colors.

A TOUCH OF WALLPAPER

In a modern living room, wallpaper is very welcome. Place it behind the sofa or in the corner dedicated to the dining room to mark the spaces of your room and create different atmospheres.

You can also line an entire wall with wallpaper to play with the dimensions and create depth in your contemporary living room. In terms of colors and patterns, trust your instincts while making sure to keep a certain consistency with the rest of your modern living room decor.

ABSTRACT TABLES

We all have our own tastes in art to exhibit at home and that's good! But if you're stuck for inspiration for your modern living room, know that abstract paintings are the most contemporary.

Set your sights on colorful pieces that recall the tones you have chosen for the rest of your decor, thus creating more harmony throughout.

PHOTOGRAPHS WITHOUT PARCIMONY

Photography is deeply contemporary art. To complete the look of your modern living room, dress your walls with artistic or personal photographs.

The larger the dimensions, the more the photographs are highlighted and accentuate the modern look of your living room. You can also play with the frames to make your photos stand out better. Opt for raw wood frames for example for even more modernity.

INDOOR PLANTS

To warm up your modern living room, absolutely add some greenery. Cleverly arranged houseplants here and there will brighten up your room while complementing the contemporary style. Nature has so much to offer, so make the most of it!

Our special modern living room guide is finished. If you had to remember just one thing, it's that contemporary decor is based on the art of mixing styles, of doing things with simplicity while making sure to choose the right furniture and decorative objects. Add paintings, photos and some greenery and you will create an ideal modern living room.