Mississippi Passed The Anti-LGBTQ Law, And NO, Gaycism Isn't The Problem
Politics

Yes, our very own state of Mississippi failed to protect our civil rights stated in the Constitution.

1096

Discrimination of gender equality is like the new issue throughout the United States and over the world. It's like creating a blank space for people to understand but challenge our ideas even more. I can't even stress how important it is to realize that homophobes create tension for the LGBTQ community including gay couples and citizens in rekindling their own gender identity.

People are being called "gaycists," particular names like " "bigots" and "homophobes," because of confusion based on a couple of big misunderstandings. And yes, gacycism is actually a word – those who deny gay people marriage can be called "gaycists" instead of homophobes. Thus, we ultimately stigmatize the majority of gay people, literally ending all our sentences with "That's so gay."

For all unknown reasons, we tend to use these words leaving the bigots of this millennial general at a loss of our natural human rights towards a fixed dead-end – or what I call a landslide.

Has the United States Supreme Court marginalized the LGBTQ law more than it should have? The state of Mississippi should foster love and connections instead of creating a difficult place for oppressive people to swarm up and protest. However, the U.S. Supreme Court recently upheld its status quo by executing the injunction that blocked a previous Mississippi law, permitting state employees and private businesses to deny their services to the LGBTQ community based on the idea of religious freedom.

No matter how many outcries ran rampant at the Supreme Court's ruling, the reality was far much more to handle than before for the LGTBQ community. This status quo has been quickly eroded with no backup to resurface back into its position again. Back In April 2016, the ever-so optimistic yet ruthless Mississippi Governor Phil Bryant, a Republican, signed HB 1523 into law praising the new appeal.

Thus, in July 2016, the Supreme Court judge blocked the Mississippi law by identifying it as a doctrine that unconstitutionally permitted tremendous discrimination against the LGBT community and unmarried people. Just this month, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit reversed the previous court ruling that blocked the 2016 law, known as House Bill 1523, from being issued within state laws.

However, this cruel and yet unjust law marking a new milestone is just the beginning.

The law promises to uphold that relation is only established between a man and woman in marriage and that gender is identified to the individual at birth. With that mind, Mississippi appealed to the decision as a mandate that was irrational to provide some protection for businesses and human beings when exercising religion views.

Under this law and ideology, a blossoming dogma of prejudice, people find themselves disconnecting with the "gay" population more often that usual. If religious organizations need to take a stance, they would only be protected when they make decisions against same- sex marriage and religion. Interestingly enough, this dynamic and powerful law gave the way for county clerks, most undoubtedly against same-sex marriage, to stop issuing licenses to gay couples for religious reasons.

It doesn't end right there. In fact, there is a whole history behind this modern millennial prejudice. If you fire gay people at your workplace, the state would do nothing to stop you. If, for any reason, you are a doctor who suggests pro-life for humanity, no one would charge you under the bars if you deny the one and only fertility rate bill and call for abortion.

Even better yet, you can refuse renting property to any gay couple out there. When you are part of an educational or blue collar workplace organization, it's easier to control the gay population. By all means, you can also force transgender people to dress up according to biological identities assigned at birth, in the process denying their access to facilities and bathrooms.

And the government would never find you guilty. But, if you were a state employee upholding hedonistic values, there is a guarantee that all those gay people would be branded as "sinners." Condemning sinners on their homosexuality with no leverage can cost you nothing.

The state will never look for those who defy the lives of the LGBTQ community. Coupled with these answers, if you put shame to others by denying them marriage rights, the state of Mississippi will never hold a grudge against you.

"As I have said all along, the legislation is not meant to discriminate against anyone, but simply prevents government interference with the constitutional right to exercise sincerely held religious beliefs," Bryant said in a statement.

What right does he have to say for this? At least during this era, anyways.

The Human Rights Campaign, a national LGBT civil rights group, calls it the "most sweeping and devastating state law to be enacted against LGBTQ people in the country.

In accordance with my own beliefs, something uncivil like this is bound to happen. Religious liberty is paralyzed at many facets of this century with the LGBTQ community fighting against the two edged sword of gaycism, while allowing the government to support the justification to discriminate against third parties. If we as citizens have been denied our own constitutional rights, the LGBTQ community would be put into shame and treated even worse than it should have been.

By this basic state law, the rule of civil rights would be jeopardized as practically everyone who obeys it has two options to either "put up with or leave" the situation. Gay people can only fight against the law if they have the correct religious justification to do so.

Therefore, I rest my case. Basic principles of this backward society promote liberals to aggressively seize their rights from the hard headed republicans and conservatives. Eventually, one can agree that these tactics that the government use can only impact us to an extent.

Realistically, our constitution grants freedom for all citizens, regardless of sex. gender, orientation, and race. However, for our society today, it might be easy to overlook the LGTBQ community. Sometimes, we might underrepresent their value.

In reality, this "black sheep" population does matter to the outside world. Even if we don't speak about them in our daily lives or give importance to them, the LGTBQ community does definitely belong to the rest of the minority and marginalized groups including women, Latinos, African Americans, immigrants ,and Asian Americans, just to name a few.

So I have to tell you this: if you spread awareness of the issues facing the LGTBQ population, you can slowly start to MAKE a difference within existing communities. You can start to reach out to others by making a simple move. Try informing a gay student in your college club or community who doesn't know about the law to be more aware of its consequences and false accusations.

Lastly, you should let the gay couple know of the next atrocity which needs fixing, not only due to the law, but within the fundamental respects of how intolerant and ignorant this millennial generation can really be.