Christmas Movies Missing From '25 Days Of Christmas'

13 Christmas Movies Missing From Freeform’s '25 Days Of Christmas'

You can't get through the holiday season without these Christmas classics.

172
Warner Bros //Elf

The holiday season is just around the corner, and we all know it's the best time of year. Freeform's annual "25 Days of Christmas" is always something I look forward to.

However, the Christmas movie lineup seems to be lacking a ton of the holiday classics. How can I get through December without seeing "Home Alone"? Or "Elf"? Or even "A Charlie Brown Christmas"?

Despite the lack of my favorite films, I will always be loyal to Freeform and will still be watching, of course. How else will I get into the holiday spirit? The holidays just wouldn't be the same without these iconic Christmas films, and Freeform should put them on their list ASAP.

1. "Home Alone"

Freeform may be playing the sequels to "Home Alone", but it's not the same without the original classic. Watching Kevin take down the burglars with Christmas ornaments and other festive decorations is the best part of this movie.

2. "Snow Day"

This 2000 film had every kid wishing their snow days were like Natalie's. Her success in plowing the snow back onto the streets in order to get two days off of school definitely had me thinking about doing the same thing. Also, seeing a young Josh Peck is always a plus. Anything can happen on a snow day!

3. "Elf"

This movie is literally the epitome of the holiday season. It's everyone's favorite movie, and usually Freeform has it playing on repeat, but this year it didn't make the lineup! Don't forget that the best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear!

4. "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation"

The Griswold family's Christmas plans going wrong is always sure to give you a laugh. It reminds us that not everything goes as planned, especially when your family is involved!

5. "The Polar Express"

What kid didn't want to be woken up in the middle of the night by a magical train that takes you to the North Pole? This movie is sure to bring out your inner kid and shows you to never stop believing in the spirit of Christmas. It's essential to watch it during the holiday season.

6. "A Christmas Story"

TNT does their annual "24 Hours of A Christmas Story" where they play this classic 12 times in a row, but Freeform would be 10 times better if they added it to their list. This movie is full of iconic moments and hilarious jokes, all surrounding the wonderful holiday of Christmas. Don't shoot your eye out!

7. "Frosty the Snowman"

A literal ICON of the holiday season. How can you even think about snow and the holidays without the image of Frosty? It's impossible not to tear up when Frosty melts, but Santa comes through with that magic and makes Karen's holiday one to remember.

8. "Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer"

The classic holiday claymation movies are my personal favorite. What's the holiday season without Rudolph, Hermey, and the island of misfit toys?

9. "A Charlie Brown Christmas"

What's the holiday season without Charlie Brown? The iconic Charlie Brown Christmas tree is one of my favorite decorations I have in my house. The soundtrack from this film is sure to get you into the holiday spirit.

10. "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" (1966)

Freeform is playing the 2000 version of this film, but I've always liked the cartoon better. Did Jim Carrey as the Grinch scare anyone else as a kid?

11. "Love, Actually"

This beautiful film reminds us that we're all connected by love, and it's important to remember that during the holiday season. There's no better time to fall in love than during the holidays!

12. "Eloise at Christmastime"

This was the Christmas movie of my childhood. I adored Eloise and her crazy antics, and I was always wishing I could have a life like hers. Christmastime at the plaza was something that seemed so magical.

13. "Jack Frost"

This may be the saddest movie EVER, but it is such a touching story. A young boy's father passes away and comes back to him in the form of a snowman named Jack Frost. It's a beautiful Christmas story that reminds us of love and family.

Freeform always has the best films premiering during the holiday season, but this year they're definitely missing some of the classics! Don't worry, that won't stop me from watching them. Happy Holidays!