How Miss Louisiana Should've Answered Her Question

Miss Louisiana's question and her answer were interesting at Miss America. Here are some different (and funny ways) she could've answered
134

Everyone loves a good pageant, right? I mean how could you not! And as a girl, a crown is always something that would be neat to have. Image the moment, your name is called and you're getting paid for a year to be a princess, and to raise money for charity (for kids!)

'I know a lot of people love it, but I think it is overrated.'

This was Miss Louisiana's prompt at the Miss America pageant on September 10th. Now, this is not a usual question asked at the pageant. Miss Louisiana answered the question at the final second with "rompers." This seemed to catch her off guard. As an avid watcher of Miss America, Miss USA, Miss Universe and all of those type of things. So, this 'question' or lack thereof, caught me off guard too. But here are some answers that might have fit a little better for Miss Louisiana.

'I know a lot of people love it, but I think constantly using social media is overrated.'

People need to learn how to have face to face conversations. Nowadays everyone spends more time on their phones. If you go to a restaurant you can see people scrolling through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media.

'I know a lot of people love it, but I think Case IH tractors is overrated.'

(Not a Miss America answer, but defiantly a farm girl answer in a pageant). I mean you get more for your money with John Deere and it has a better trade-in value. How could you not want that? I mean, have you seen the color too?

'I know a lot of people love it, but I think being against GMO's is overrated.'

GMO's are safe, it has been proven in many studies. Many people do anything they can to avoid GMO's based off of information that they receive that is not even factual. Farmers are just trying to feed the ever-growing world.

'I know a lot of people love it, but I think objectifying and degrading women is overrated.'

So many people do this, and I am not even sure that they know that they are doing it. But women are not objects, we are human. Do not act like we are a piece of meat or something that you can use for wants and needs. Things like catcalling and body shaming are things that should not happen in today's world. I'm confident that men would not like the lines that they use on women, being used on them.

'I know a lot of people love it, but I think drinking and partying is overrated.'

So many college students feel like they need to party every night, or every weekend, or even most of the time. At these parties, you always see them with alcoholic beverages or even drugs. While it is nice that students are out and being social, these are dangerous events.

'I know a lot of people love it, but I think makeup is overrated.'

What happened to light makeup? You don't need to blend, just powered up to equal your skin out, swipe on the eyeliner, mascara and just a little blush. Girl, you're beautiful how you are. Heck, you do not even need to wear makeup to be beautiful, just be yourself. Personality is your best feature

'I know a lot of people love it, but I think cell phones rating over human contact is overrated.'

Put down your cell phones when you are around people. If you love spending time with someone so much why are you scrolling through a timeline, news feed, or texting a bunch of other people? Put down your phone after your selfie and enjoy time with them!

'I know a lot of people love it, but I think facial hair is overrated'

One word, beards. What happened to clean cut men. Their faces are great for a day or two, then you get the cute stubble on day 3 and 4. Then they shave it off and the process starts all over again. Guys would freak if girls did this with their leg hair. Could you image? Well, I'm going to grow out my leg hair, I want to see how long I can get it, or it will look so cool. Like, ew, no.

'I know a lot of people love it, but I think not respecting yourself and others is overrated'

Respect is so important. I don't even think that most people know they are not respecting themselves or others. Hold a door open, be nice to old people, heck be nice to your mom! It is not that hard to say thank you. And when it comes to your body, it's not that hard to say no. You do not owe anyone anything, and if you have to wear less clothes or change yourself in any way for a person to like you, they are not worth it.

'I know a lot of people love it, but I think sliding by in school and not doing your best is overrated'

I know studying gets hard and stressful. I have always had a full course load, but there is never an excuse to do your best work. Hard work always pays off.

'I know a lot of people love it, but I think 'playing the field' while dating is overrated'

If you want to date someone and you like them, then date them. Why would you still go out with other people? To be completely honest, it is so not even fair to the other person.

'I know a lot of people love it, but I think feeling like you have to fit societies normal is overrated'

Why does society have these 'norms'? Why can't the world's 'norm' just be embracing who you are? No, you do not have to be skinny to be pretty. No, you should not be a size two. You should be yourself, you should love yourself and be comfortable in your own skin. Do not let anyone define you because no one knows you like yourself.

'I know a lot of people love it, but I think that not planning is overrated'

Not planning is a personal pet peeve of mine. Make a game plan and stick with it. While this might just be my time management skills, it works in life. It is good to have a general plan. For example, hey tomorrow I want to do my math homework, study my English notes, sweep and do laundry. Not only do you have a game plan you can actually feel accomplished when you get those things done.

'I know a lot of people love it, but I think that the stereotypical dates for autumn are overrated'

You don't need fall to wear your boyfriend's hoodies. You do not need fall to have a bonfire, and you don't need to have a reason to have a good time with your friends.

And as any pageant girl knows, we all want one thing in life:

*Disclaimer, if I was in the pageant I probably would only use about half of these, but the rest are at least a little funny if you wouldn't think romper is a good answer.