5 YouTube Videos To Lift Your Spirits When You Need Some Inspiration

Mindfulness is only a few reality checks away.
153

Have you decided on a major? Where are you living next year? Where are you interning this summer? What classes are you taking next semester?

As the school year begins to come to a close these are the questions that every college student expects. They are asked by peers, parents, family, friends and just about every other person you will come into contact with.

For me personally, these questions come with a sense of urgency. They make me feel as though my entire life depends upon every little decision I make as an 18-year-old. It feels as though I don’t even have the time to appreciate what is happening around me in the now. Rather I always have to be 10 steps ahead of everyone else.

We live in a competitive society where it is believed that to be “successful” you have to be the best. Whether it be having the best looks, best grades, best job or best house, it is all a competition on if you “measure up.”

When I become overwhelmed with life and its many pressures I try to practice mindfulness. The dictionary definition of mindfulness is a mental state achieved by focusing one's awareness on the present moment, while calmly acknowledging and accepting one's feelings, thoughts and bodily sensations, used as a therapeutic technique. These are 5 YouTube videos that always stop me from focusing all my energy on the future and appreciate the world around me a little bit more.

1. "You Are Not Your Body"

Some of the biggest issues we have today as females are low self-esteem and self-confidence. This is due to the unrealistic expectations set by the media that leave us constantly comparing ourselves to an ideal that is unattainable.

2. "Overthinking"

Overthinking is one of the side effects of having constant pressure in your life, it leaves you reconsidering the past rather than focusing on the present.

3. "How to Live a Meaningful & Intentional Life"

Living intentionally does not necessarily mean that you always have a plan for your life. It rather means that you are present in every moment that you are given.

4. "Best of Kygo"

One can not be stressed when there is upbeat music in the background of daily life.

5. "Look Up"

Social media is another place that we all like to compare ourselves to others; however, time on social media takes away from time appreciating the present.