Millennial's Please Just Stay Inside

Millennial's Please Just Stay Inside

Every single one of us can make a difference in this, including you.

8
Millennial's Please Just Stay Inside

I have been watching the news a lot lately, as I am sure many of us are and it has made me embarrassed to be a millennial.

Not only have some public health leaders and news people been saying that stopping the spread of this falls on us and we are not taking it seriously, but even a WHO official has called us out.

They are not wrong though.

I can't stand going on social media now because every time I do I see people not taking this seriously and going outside.

I am sure we are all familiar with the spring breakers in Florida who simply didn't care about COVID-19 as long as they were able to party for spring break.

People are not taking this as serious as they are supposed to and it infuriates me as someone who has been taking the necessary precautions.

Millennial's think that because they are not within the age range that is usually affected the worse by the disease that they don't need to worry.

They are wrong.

Even if they aren't at high risk for dying from it, they are at risk from getting it, just like everyone else. Even if they don't show symptoms they could be carriers and give it to other people. Other people like their parents, grandparents, and other family members.

Plus people under the age of 55 can get very sick still from the virus so why take the risk?

Why risk other people's health at the cost of your own ignorance?

I am not a health professional (obviously) and I do not claim to have all the answers. I do know that as a millennial myself though I am sad that people are dying from this everyday and I know that each of us makes decisions every day that affect how fast we can get the virus to settle down.

So please take precautions and stay inside. I know it sucks being stuck indoors when you want to be out doing things. I know it seems unfair. I know we are all having to sacrifice things. But every single one of us needs to be responsible and work at ending this.