I’m A Millennial That Doesn’t Believe In The Media

There are many reasons why I would never trust our media.

30

In today’s time, we are surrounded by technology. And this is especially true within my generation. But I do not believe everything I see on the media anymore (if anything).

My generation is complete with the newest technology made every single day. New phones, a new update for Facebook, or the occasional posts on Instagram are every day occurrences that individuals my age (younger and older also) partake in. Not to say that I do not, but I also know what the media has to offer.

You know how the news will cover a huge story for like… ever? Or how “problems” appear, when most people would think that it really isn’t a problem? Much of our media today is based off of viewing. They appear to bias themselves to one particular side that they are getting the most views on, but they are really trying to cover something else up at the same time. I mean this in a way where what is being reported are things that do not rank as important as other things. For example, the CDC released that there is no link between vaccines and autism.

But not only does the media not cover things that would be good for everyone to know, there has also been a study on televisions and other monitors that stream things from our government. This study shows that technology with these types of screens release magnetic waves that effect the person’s neurological function(s), and can actually sway a person through this biological way of ‘thinking’.

Another reason I do not trust our media (and technically government since they control most of it) is the case of Edward Snowden. If you choose to Google him (and I highly recommend you do), he is an ex-Intelligence Community officer for the United States Federal Government and also a whistleblower, someone who illegally releases secret government information without permission... Which is exactly what he did. What he revealed was that our government has the capabilities to watch us through phones, laptops, and other forms of electronics. He is currently in Russia, where he fled to not stand trial here in the United States.

Between this past election and everything that has been on social media, I wanted to provide my opinion when it comes to our media and how things are being covered. Believe what you want, but remember, just because the news says one thing doesn’t always make it true.