7 Mid-Semester Survival Tips

7 Mid-Semester Survival Tips

Get back on track in no time.

120
7 Mid-Semester Survival Tips
Pexel

It’s halfway through the semester, and if you’re anything like me, you are probably struggling to keep track of all your work and papers. Staying organized is hard, but essential when you have a full schedule of classes along with other events. To avoid stress and madness, follow these rules to redirect you back on track!

1. Keep a planner.

Mark all your assignments, tests, quizzes, events, and meetings. And use it! You will be able to plan other events and your study schedules by a glance of your planner. Updating and checking your planner daily will not leave you with any surprises and, in turn, reduce your stress levels.

2. Make to-do lists.

A planner is nice for organization and planning, but everyone gets behind sometimes. If you have a lot to catch up on, make a to-do list in order of what you need to do. Check tasks off one by one as you complete your tasks. Trust me, the feeling of checking off a task is quite satisfying.

3. Color code!

Color code your planner, your classes, your notebooks and folders, notes, everything. Color coding will not only help you visualize what assignment is for which class, but you will never forget an item before going to class.

4. Take notes... effectively!

I’m sure you’ve been taught how to take notes all through grade school, but is it really helping you? Color coding your notes may help you, drawing diagrams may help you, or bullet points may help you. Experiment and stick to it!

5. Set aside study time.

Make study schedules, and follow them. Study at your school library or your favorite coffee shop, wherever you can retain information the best. Plan out your study times at the beginning of your week by looking at which classes you have, which assignments, and which tests to help you prioritize.

6. Get help.

If you’re stressed or are having trouble studying, get help. Talk to your professors, work with a classmate, form a study group, or go to the tutoring center. We have so many resources available to us, so take advantage of them!

7. Prepare in advance.

Use the night before to help you get a good start the next morning. Choose your clothes and pack everything you’ll need the next day- It will not only save you 10-20 minutes in the morning, but it will also save you from fumbling in the morning and rushing to get to class.