It's that time of the year again. We trade in our beach bags for backpacks and carefree nights for a semester of stress. Can you believe that summer's over already? It feels like just yesterday we were reuniting with smiles as big as our plans for the upcoming months off. And just like that we're back in different schools, different towns, even different states. Amongst the craziness we'll experience in this next chapter of our lives, I'm relieved knowing you'll still be a part of my life somehow. Here's a message to all of you, as we part ways yet again and return to our separate lives at college:
1. Don't forget to keep in touch.
I still want it hear it all-- from your complaints about class and your roommate drama to that exciting news you received this morning.
2. I won't forget to keep in touch.
Phones were invented for a reason...
3. When I said I'd always be there I meant it.
Feeling sad at 1 in the morning? Don't hesitate to call. Having a rough week? You bet I'll be on the next car/bus/train/plane ride that takes me to you this weekend.
4. Come visit.
Because sometimes Facetime isn't enough. Your familiar presence is needed when I'm feeling homesick.
5. You know I'll be there the first chance I get.
Being apart from each other for too long feels weird. I'm on my way.
6. Don't let college change you.
I love and cherish the you that is you.
7. Let our time apart help us grow closer.
They say distance makes the heart grow fonder.
8. Have fun!! (But not too much fun without me).
9. Start jotting down ideas for our winter break bucket-list.
Can I get a countdown too?
10. Keep on keepin' on.
Get good grades, meet new people, and continue spreading the joy your friendship brings me.
11. I hope you accomplish everything you set out for this semester and more.
It's never a goodbye, but a see you later.
Until we meet again,
A hometown friend missing you dearly