Mens Braid Styles and types that will trend in 2022

Men's braid styles and Types

124

In the past two decades, the Mens Braid Styles has been making a comeback. In recent years, it has been appearing on both men and women in a range of styles from pin-straight to wild and unruly. Plus, braided hairstyles are also popular with celebrities. The most recent trend is to see celebrities like Avril Lavigne and Beyoncé rock different hairstyles that range from dramatic twists to natural curls. In the near future, we expect to see more braided hairstyles on the runways, in TV shows and movies, and even on red carpets.

Styles and Types

For many years, women have been implementing braids into their hair styling. In recent history, the style that has been most popular is the cornrow braid. The cornrows are typically spaced out to allow them to fall freely or they can be so close together that the braids look like one long braid. Many cultures, such as African-American culture and Latin culture, have used braided styles for years. More recently classic and contemporary rockabilly hairstyles have embraced these different types of Mens Braid Styles.

1. The One Bob

A one bob is similar to the cornrow braid but with the hair on one side of the head pulled back and then braided. A simple version of this style is to simply pull back the hair on one side of the head and wrap it into a braid. Over time, maintainers can be applied to keep these styles looking fresh. As for length, this look can be braided down to whatever length you prefer or you can have it trimmed shorter.

2. The Top Knot

Known as the "scrunchie" style of hair, this style involves wrapping the hair in a low ponytail, half up or down. This is done to add definition to the top of the head and definition between the hair. Once complete, release the ends to create a loose braid that falls in an opposite fashion.

3. French Braid

French braids are similar to cornrows with one crucial difference; French braids allow for styling versatility. You can have your French braids lose or tighter. Up to six braids can be styled in one French braid and all the braids are formed into a simple braid that connects the hairline to the back of the head. The french braid can be worn one of two ways depending on your preference.

4. The Twists

Twists are extremely popular and trendy hairstyles for small-framed women. This style involves wrapping the hair in small, one or two-in-length twists. Typically, the twists are formed by going around the head and then twisting each end to create a braid. This style will be seen on hip hop artists like Beyonce and it can also be seen on celebrities. For certain women with finer hair, tight twists may cause hair breakage but when done properly the twists can last for several weeks before they need to be restyled.

5. The Z Braid

Z braids are similar to the one bob with the exception that these braids are pulled back from both sides of the head. This style is typically worn by African-American women and is a good way for anyone to get two different hairstyles in one.

6. The Ruffled Braids

This braid is simple but its end result can be stunning. It may not be an ideal option for long term styling but it does look beautiful when done on medium to long hair lengths. To create this look, you must have long hair (at least shoulder length) and then twist the hair into a ponytail. Then create two French braids that begin at the base of the ponytail. The final look is similar to a fishtail braid but with two strands that are twisted in front of one another.

7. The Fishtail Braid

Fishtail braids are popular with the "rocker" or "biker" look. This style involves taking a small amount of hair from each side of the head and braiding them together. As you create the braid, you add in more hair to create a longer and fuller look. The fishtail braid can be done on any length of hair but it is best to use this style on medium to long hair lengths.

8. The Simple Bob

A simple bob is similar to the fishtail braid in that it takes two small strands of hair from each side of the head and braids them together. The simple bob looks great when worn with a round face or a square face.

9. The Twisted Bob

This hairstyle involves braiding the back of your hair (from ear to ear) and pulling that braid up and out of sight. Once this is done, the hair in front of the braid will be twisted to add definition to your face.

10. The Face Braid

Face braids are easy to wear and they add a unique twist on your usual hairstyles. To create this look, you must part the hair in the center of your head. Then divide one side and pull it behind one ear and then repeat on the other side. This will leave you with two styles: one braid that runs from ear to ear plus a second braid that runs from front to back. Once this is done, simply ravel your hair and you are good to go.

12. The Flyaway Bangs

This look is similar to the face braid with one that has both strands rising up from each side of the head. As with other braid hairstyles men, this style allows for styling versatility. You may also want to twist one-half of the hair under itself to create an up-do look.

In Conclusion,

There are many different types of Mens Braid Styles that you can try. If you choose to wear simple cornrows, note that some will braid the hair so tight that the hair may snap at the roots, causing breakage. However if done properly, braiding your own hair can save you money and allow for a one-of-a-kind look that no other person has.