If You're a Man And Think #MeToo "Inconveniences You," You're Probably a Sexual Harasser

62 Things Only Fat-Campers Understand

Please don't call it "weight-loss camp."
296

1. Knowing how to strategically maximize your allotted Splenda packets for the day.

2. Standing up and pretending like you've been exercising during an activity the whole time when your counselor checks on you.

3. Trying to explain to your home friends what fat camp is, but giving up because they just don't get it.

4. Knowing to choose "free swim" for choice activity instead of aerobics.

5. Forever remembering the day you won camper of the week as the best day of your life.

6. Hanging out with the opposite sex after working out all day and not even caring that you're sweaty and have major B.O.

7. Feeling like the skinny one at camp when you're usually the fat one of your friend group at home.

8. Losing the most amount of weight in a week during color war.

9. Having uncontrollable anxiety that you gained weight before weighing in each week.

10. Knowing all of the color war generals and advisors of the past five summers and their themes, who won and the song and cheers by heart.

11. Inexplicably losing three pounds in a week even though you skipped aerobics practically every day and ate double snacks.

12. Living and breathing yellow or blue for four days during color war.

13. Using nutrition class time as nap time.

14. Singing the words to your division's winning cheer every time the song plays on the speaker.

15. Feeling nostalgic every time you hear a song that you danced to during Zumba.

16. Proudly showing everyone your picture on the weight room hall of fame.

17. Staying with your friends during the 5K even though you can run faster because you care more about helping them accomplish a race than beating your personal time.

18. Singing the “accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative, and don't mess with mister in-between" song at any age, proudly.

19. Using rest hour to flirt with your crush and being yelled at by your counselors to stay five feet apart.

20. Totally disregarding the five-feet rule.

21. Staying up late to wait for your counselors to come back from their night off and pretending to be asleep so you can hear all the gossip.

22. Saving your snacks from the week to eat them all on Lazy Sunday.

23. Your summer was set if you found out you had cooking class right before lunch.

24. Guessing what dessert is while eating breakfast.

25. Hiding Splenda packets and salad dressing under the table.

26. Discovering that butter, Splenda and syrup in instant oatmeal is actually delicious.

27. Eating your cereal with yogurt instead of milk because you're only allowed one dairy product for breakfast.

28. Hiding in the weight room from your counselors so you don't have to participate.

29. Snack time is dangerous. You have to be on the defense or you might break an arm from someone pushing you to get the last lemonade flavored icy.

30. Skipping aerobics on Lazy Sunday even though it's mandatory.

31. Lying to your counselor that you can't do water aerobics because you are “on your period" but then having to walk laps, anyway.

32. Going to the other side of the field house to steal a second, third or fourth snack.

33. Complaining of a sore throat to get candy (cough drop) from the nurse.

34. Complaining of an upset stomach to get out of playing tennis.

35. Complaining of a headache to get out of playing kickball.

36. Complaining of literally anything to get out of doing anything physical activity-related.

37. Laying in your bed after an intense fitness session and not even caring that your sheets are dirty.

38. Becoming best friends with people you never thought you would have talked to outside of camp.

39. Finally being able to fit into your "skinny shorts" two weeks into camp and giving away all your bottoms that don't fit you anymore.

40. Regretting giving away your fat clothes when you, inevitably, gain weight over the year.

41. Crying when you only lose one pound when you thought you worked really hard that week, then being comforted by all your friends and counselors and being reminded that the number on the scale doesn't matter.

42. Looking forward to seeing your parent's priceless reaction to your weight loss on visiting day.

43. Getting crafty where you hide your food that you sneak into camp.

44. Releasing a sigh of relief when the head of camp checks your bags and doesn't find the gum or sour patch kids hidden in your shoes.

45. Yelling at everyone to be quiet so you can hear whether they announced your name when packages are being called.

46. Keeping up with your healthy lifestyle for the first few months of school, but then going back into hibernation until the summer comes.

47. Every conversation with your camp friends during the year starts with, “I'm so fat."

48. Skipping an activity to sleep in the bunk but being too anxious that you'll get caught to enjoy your free time.

49. Sleeping in single beds because it's dangerous to have bunk beds at fat camp.

50. Slowly accepting and loving the fact that you go to fat camp and not being afraid to tell people that.

51. Looking forward to every summer because you miss your summer family, but especially because you want to lose all the weight you gained back over the year.

52. Learning that you are not the only one who's eaten food out of a garbage before or snuck snacks while your parents weren't looking.

53. Fat-campers are hornier than the average camper.

54. Watching "Heavyweights" so many times that you can recite the whole movie by heart.

55. Learning to value people for their personality, not their looks, and wearing your “fat camp goggles" even after the summer ends.

56. Learning where the best make-out spots are from trial and error.

57. Hiding your fat camp bracelet on field trips so that employees don't stop you from buying food.

58. Getting used to people paying more attention to you after losing a lot of weight.

59. Playing this version of Bingo during nutrition.

60. Finally feeling like you fit in and wishing you lived two months for 10, instead of 10 months for two.

61. Knowing that there aren't any strangers at camp, only friends you haven't met yet.

62. Leaving camp in the best mental and physical shape of your life.