Meeting your significant other’s parents is scary. You want to make a good impression, be yourself, wear and say the right things. That’s a lot to do all at once and something everyone at some point will go through.
1. Pay attention to what you wear.
I am in NO way saying dress i like you would usually, but keep the occasion in mind. That is more important than worrying about how nicely your pants look with your blouse. If it’s a casual night, don’t dress up (unless you want to)!!
2. Keep politics and religion out of the conversations.
An obvious but very important one. Even if you feel like they’d agree, it’s best to save that for when you really know them.
3. Instead, keep conversations fun and lighthearted.
This is your first time to get to know them. It should be fun! Ask about what they do, what they studied, or other simple questions that could even lead to a connection!
4. Give compliments when appropriate.
Chances are, they did a lot of planning to meet you, especially if you’re at their home. Compliment the food served, decor, or other details you notice and it will be much appreciated.
5. Remember they are trying to make a good impression on you too.
They’re probably also super nervous. So relax, be yourself, and have fun! They will like your calm demeanor and likely relax easier when the initial stress has faded.
- When You Love Someone Your Parents Don't Approve Of ›
- 5 Things To Know Before Dating Someone Who Lost A Parent ›
- This Is The Right Time To Tell Your Family About Your SO ... ›
- To My Boyfriend's Mom ›
- I've Met My Boyfriend's Family, But I'm Nervous To Introduce Him To ... ›
- A Thank You Letter To My Boyfriend's Parents ›
- 8 Rules For Meeting His Parents For The First Time If You're Not ... ›
- Meeting your Boyfriend's Parents: 14 Courteous Ways to Charm Them ›
- 10 Tips for Meeting Your Boyfriend's Parents | HowStuffWorks ›
- How to Make a Great First Impression on Your Partner's Parents ›
- Meeting My Boyfriend's Parents and Family 101 | Brittany Daniel ... ›
- How to Meet Your Boyfriend's Parents: 9 Steps (with Pictures) ›
- 5 Stages of Meeting Your Boyfriend's Parents for the First Time ... ›
- 10 Things to Do When You Meet the Parents ›
- Meeting Your Boyfriend's Parents For The First Time: Dos & Don'ts ... ›
- 17 Mistakes to Avoid When Meeting His Family | Glamour ›