Meet the Reporter: What I am thankful For

A series where the audience gets to know the ASU Odyssey reporters

13
Muska Olumi

During this holiday season, The Odyssey Online at ASU reporters want you to get to know us! Enjoy this holiday-themed post and learn what we are thankful for! I am thankful for my family this holiday season.

One of the busiest times of the year, for both students and workers, is during the holidays. I don't get to spend much time with my family, everyone gets caught up in their own lives and everything just passes by. For some reason, I feel like the holidays slowa downtime and I get to bask in every moment.

My cousins jumping on top of me like I'm a bouncy house, my aunts laughing in the kitchen, my uncles arguing over their card games, and my sister and I just trying to experience it all. Having family overseas gets pretty difficult during this time of year, so finally having the excuse to go visit them is probably the thing I'm most thankful for. I appreciate the small things a lot more because I know I only have a month to spend with them.

I'm also thankful for the opportunity I've received all year in my career. I've had the best experiences with my internships and I work for amazing people at ASU, I'm thankful I get to see them every day to make my day that much more bearable. I've realized that it's the people I see on a day-to-day basis that make me happier in general. I love spending time with them, talking about nothing, that bit of interaction in my day is what I'm thankful for.