Meet The Reporter: New Year's Resolutions

I'm progressing toward my goals!

1
Nikki Soto

Setting goals is simple enough. You know what needs to be improved upon in your life, and you're motivated to do something about it! However, actually following through with them is a whole different story. It's hard to keep going, and I've found that as time has progressed.

However, I am very happy with how I am doing, despite the times when I have lagged behind. I made it a goal to take a jog or a walk in the morning before work at least four days out of the week, and I have (mostly) stuck to this. I admit that sometimes I wake up late and skip, but each time I do, I instantly regret it and am more motivated to do better the next day.

I wanted my initial goal to be 'workout more,' but I knew that wasn't specific enough, plus, I knew that at this point in my life, finding time to get into a gym can be quite difficult for me. So, with this accessible and reasonable goal, I have generally been able to stick to it! I feel so much better starting my mornings with fresh air and exercise. I've also made an effort to take more hikes with friends and suggest this as a hang out activity, as opposed to something less active. I've explored some great, new trails!

I also made it a goal to read at least 30 minutes a day, and I've stuck to this as well. Sometimes, I read a little more, and sometimes a tad less. But generally, I am keeping up with my schedule! Reaching my daily goals gives me a little sense of accomplishment each time.

Lastly, I made a resolution to be tidier, but I'll be honest, that one still needs a little work!