Unlike Medium, I Refuse To Support Disgusting Humans And Normalize Pedophilia

The title of the Medium email is, "'Who are you attracted to?' published in Pedophiles about Pedophilia by Arcane."

820
Vice

So, on January 25th, 2018, I received a daily digest email from medium.com, which is a website similar to Wordpress that allows users to submit original articles, blog posts, write-ups, etc. The key difference between Medium and Wordpress, however, is that Medium allows the articles published on their site to be monetized (there is a system called "clapping," which is essentially the same thing as a "thumbs up" on YouTube, and you are compensated based on how many "claps" your piece receives).

Typically, when I receive emails such as these, I just trash them. Because, well, I don't really care what the featured article that Medium sends out to their mailing list is. However, the title of the email caught my eye, which prompted me to actually open it and subsequently read the article that they have featured. The title of the email is, "'Who are you attracted to?' published in Pedophiles about Pedophilia by Arcane."

Arcane, which is a pseudonym for a person in their twenties that is a self-described "non-offending pedophile," writes this article about how when they were 15 they were attracted to a girl who they presumed to be a teenager but ended up being 11. Based on this account alone, they try and project that onto everyone else by saying that, "I’d encourage you to be brave and share a story of a time when you were embarrassed, or almost made a horrible mistake when you found someone attractive not realizing how young they were."

There are two comments on Arcane's story, one of which calls Arcane a sick and disgusting person. The other? Well, it's another one of Arcane's pedophile friends saying, "Puberty is responsible for adult sexuality, aiming at the reproduction of the human species. Every normal person is attracted sexually by adolescents. The age of sexual consent should be between 10-12 years to be compatible with puberty and avoid excesses of criminalization."

Let's pause here. If you are sexually attracted to a 10-year-old child, you are absolutely and unequivocally a disgusting human being. Children are incapable of consent of any kind, especially sexual consent. Which is why any sexual act that an adult perpetrates against a child deserves to be punished with the fullest extent of the law, with absolutely zero flexibility.

Arcane has one other article posted to Medium: "The Non-Offending Children's Worker." No, you didn't read that incorrectly. Arcane, an admitted pedophile, works directly with children. The kicker? They didn't realize that they were attracted, sexually, to children until--wait for it--they began working directly with children.

They write, "There is an idea that floats around that pedophiles should avoid children, or that pedophiles who choose to work with children are looking for opportunities to abuse them. That is not the case." Arcane says the "idea" that pedophiles should avoid children just frivolously "floats around" as if it's simply a fallacy embedded in ignorance. Actually, Arcane, there is an absolutely imperative reason for that "idea."

People tell alcoholics to stay away from alcohol because if they screw up, and succumb to their addiction, the WORST thing that could happen is they kill themselves, someone else, or both should they choose to get behind the wheel of a car. People tell drug addicts to stay away from drugs because if they screw up, and succumb to their addiction, the WORST thing that could happen is that they OD. And, in this case, people tell pedophiles to stay away from children because if they screw up, and succumb to their attraction, the BEST thing that could happen is that a child is raped at the hands of an adult.

The difference there is indisputable.

Frankly, I'm disgusted that not only would Medium give pedophiles a platform by offering a page on their website called, "Pedophiles about Pedophilia," where anyone can view "articles about pedophilia written by pedophiles;" not only that they would allow pedophiles to literally make money by writing about being sexually attracted to children; but also that they would choose one of these articles to send out to their entire mailing list. It's almost as if they are making it a point to normalize pedophilia and indoctrinate their readers into normalizing it as well. But I will never normalize something that can only result in tearing away the innocence of a child and scarring them for life.

Now, this email comes literally days after I began seeing an uproar on Twitter regarding attempts to begin normalizing pedophilia. Many individuals were being suspended or banned for speaking out against accounts on Twitter that call themselves "non-offending pedophiles" in their bios. Which made the timing of receiving this email all the more strange.

In the last couple of years, I have definitely noticed attempts at normalizing pedophilia, being pushed by several left-wing media outlets. Salon.com, in particular, ran a story titled, "I'm a pedophile, but not a monster" (which they have removed from their website) by the self-professed pedophile, Todd Nickerson, who is a moderator for the website, VirtuousPedophiles.com. However, they also have a story regarding the users of that very same website titled, "Meet pedophiles who mean well" that is still up.

What I'm about to say shouldn't be deemed as a controversial stance or statement, although I know it will be anyway, but there is no such thing as a virtuous pedophile. In his now-deleted article for Salon, Todd Nickerson (who, again, is a moderator for VirtuousPedophiles.com and is essentially the face of their organization) wrote that he discovered he was a pedophile when he was 18 while babysitting a 5-year-old girl. He said that he fell in love with her and would regularly have to excuse himself to the bathroom to masturbate while he was babysitting her.

So, if you have an issue with any of the things that I've brought up in this article when referencing pedophiles, let me ask you this: would you want Todd Nickerson to babysit your kid(s)? Would you want someone like him, someone that is so sexually attracted to your 5-year-old that they have to regularly go to the bathroom to masturbate over her, to be alone with her one-on-one? If your answer isn't a resounding "NO!" then you are, frankly, a horrible person that doesn't deserve to be a parent.

Do you want to know what happens in a society that begins normalizing this abhorrent filth? The Daily Wire ran a story on January 26th, 2018 regarding a man in Chicago who was charged with sexually assaulting two 6-year-olds and an 8-year-old, repeatedly. His excuse? He told police officers that he's really "a 9-year-old trapped in an adult's body."

Would anyone like to take a guess as to why that excuse doesn't hold any weight? Let me answer for you: BECAUSE 9-YEAR-OLDS LACK THE ABILITY TO EXPERIENCE SEXUAL ATTRACTION!

If we continue down this road of giving pedophiles a platform, allowing them to freely express their disgusting allure for children with no repercussions, and advocate for them and their "rights," then you can expect many, many, many more cases of someone coming out as being "trans-age." Nevermind the fact that they have fully-developed adult faculties and functioned as adults up until the point of claiming to be a 9-year-old trapped in an adult's body.

It may sound like I'm pitching a conspiracy theory here, but mark my words: if this goes unchecked, I can assure you that it isn't just likely that's going to happen--it's inevitable.

Protecting innocent children is of the utmost importance, and I could care less if I offend any "non-offending pedophiles" in doing so.

*Here are several resources for anyone who is or was a victim of child sexual abuse:

http://victimsofcrime.org/help-for-crime-victims/g...

https://www.crimevictims.gov/cev_resources.html

http://www.stopitnow.org/ohc-content/adult-survivo...

http://www.stopitnow.org/ohc-content/resources-for...

https://www.nsvrc.org/projects/child-sexual-assaul...

https://www.rainn.org/national-resources-sexual-as...