Global Youth Health Summit Is Coming To Emory In Atlanta 2019

Attend 2019's Global Youth Health Summit: Empowering Us To Break Down Social Barriers

The GYHS conference was such a big hit in 2015, so it is back again for a part two.

55
Sneha Chauhan

On January 26, 2019, MDJunior will be hosting the Global Youth Health Summit (GYHS) in Atlanta, open to all those who register. The initial summit took place in 2015, and because of its great positive response, MDJunior aims to launch GYHS 2018 with the help of Emory APCO. With the theme this year being "Breaking Down Barriers" the attendees will truly get a feel of the struggles and innovations that the healthcare field has to offer.

MDJunior is a student-run nonprofit that "empowers the youth to bridge the health gap." This is initiated through the three-tiered system that spans service-oriented learning from a local to global scale. In addition, MDJunior powers medical mission trips to countries and states in need, like Puerto Rico.

MDJunior envisions a society in which the youth exercise their full potential to create change in our global community.

Global Youth Health Summit 2015 | #MDJunior | #GYHS2015 | #YouthInHealthyoutu.be

Inspirational Speakers

They will address all kinds of barriers — from racial and religious barriers to country borders, from wage discrimination to glass ceilings, the aim is to touch on societal issues the youth can rally behind and serve as agents of change to bridge the health gap. The purpose of these talks is to show our generation how they can defy the status quo and use public health practices to create social change.

The speakers want to empower our youth to break down barriers of their own comfort zones to challenge what we believe they are capable of.

Whether you want to be a Nurse Practitioner or the future CEO of Medshare, there will be a speaker who may challenge you to grow beyond the boundaries you are constrained in right now.

Hackathon

In addition to the speakers, there is a Hackathon for those who wish to put their creative problem-solving skills to use.

The Hackathon will require the participants to come up with an innovative solution to solve a global health problem in our world today. Those who participate must have a realistic design, and the more effective the design is, the more likely it is that they will win. In the end, the top solutions will not only be awarded with a trophy but also get to present their proposals to top executives present at the conference.

MDJunior values the voice of the youth and aims to mobilize students across the nation.

The GYHS conference will have attendees from all over. There will be young adults with different backgrounds along with professional healthcare workers. Attendees will get a chance to communicate and network with the speakers and other attendees. With inspiring keynotes and panels, this is the perfect place to get motivated to rise above all expectations.

The event will be on January 26, 2019 at the Goodrich C. White Hall at Emory.

Register to attend by clicking here!

Hope to see you there! Feel free to reach out with questions!

For more information visit the GYHS website by clicking here, or contact Co-Conference Chairs Sneha Chauhan at sneha@mdjr.org and Shuchi Sehgal at shuchi@mdjr.org.