Matchmaking stories
relationships

In The Spirit Of National Matchmaker Day, My Boyfriend And I Should Get An Award From Cupid Himself

Being the one who changes someone's love life for the better is a feeling comparable to no other.

88

My boyfriend and I are happily in love. (No, this is not the story of how we came to be, but if you must know our story click here.) We tend to keep to ourselves. You know, Netflix and chill, make dinner, have deep conversations, hide away from the rest of the world, that type of thing.

Going out and meeting new people just isn't our cup of tea. Maybe that's why we both still stayed in touch with a couple of our good friends from high school.

I made sure to catch up with my girl friends every now and then, and my boyfriend was in constant contact with one of his best buds. We had been keeping this up for the better portion of our relationship. We had both met and hung out with each of our friends earlier in the relationship. You know, the typical couple's routine.

But for the longest time, we went about our days not piecing together that both of our friends shared the same goals and personality type, and most importantly, the fact that they were both single.

It wasn't until one night that I was talking to my friend that some massive light bulb lit up and I realized that she needed a good guy in her life ASAP.

But who?

She wasn't living near me so it's not like I could single-handedly find a guy, slap a bow on his head, and present him to her.

As I sat on the couch pondering (which, by the way, is the best way to come up with fabulous ideas), my boyfriend came back from the gym. The usual routine ensued. We started dinner, my boyfriend kept his sweaty self-distanced, and he told me about what he did at the gym. The usual.

Then he told me about his FaceTime call with his friend.

The moment you realize that two one-of-a-kind people would be the perfect match for each other and the room around you illuminates with sparks while you simultaneously try to already formulate a plan at the speed of light is only a feeling a matchmaker will ever know.

Once I blurted out my thought process to my boyfriend, my partner in crime also joined in on creating the master plan.

It started with, of course, oh so casually (they had no idea how much deliberation went into how we approached this) telling each of our friends about the other.

On my end, it went a little something like this: "Hey girl, what's up? Yada yada. Yeah so this is random but you're not seeing anyone right?...No?...So like totally unrelated my boyfriend has this friend who's pretty cool and nice…you should like, add him on Facebook sometime, or like NOW, but you know, for no particular reason."

Long story short, the two unsuspecting lovebirds added each other on Facebook, and the rest is history. Seeing two perfect puzzle pieces finally come together, and knowing that you were the issuer of that fate, is a feeling like no other.

Yes, they are still a very happy couple, and yes to the question I know that you're thinking: I'm totally already working on the wedding speech.