Match's Free Holiday Hotline Is Here To Answer This Season's Dating Questions

I Asked Match's Chief Dating Expert For Her Best Advice On Dating During The Holidays, And You Can Too

It's the gift I never knew I needed.

71
Match

We've all been there... You know, when you're sitting at the holiday table being drilled with questions about your love life. Whether it's "Are you still single?" or "When are you and X getting married?" the questions are NEVERENDING. And since this time of year can be especially tricky for such topics, dating app Match is here to help with a new FREE service: the Holiday Hotline.

Essentially, Match's Holiday Hotline (1-888-302-6224) is a free service where you can call Match's top dating experts through December 9 from 8 am to 8 pm CST to get answers for or get advice on all of your dating and relationship questions and predicaments.

Ahead of its release, I was able to ask Match's chief dating expert, Rachel DeAlto, a few of your most popular questions to help us all get through the season without any unnecessary heartache. Here's what she had to say:

Question: When do you know if it’s the right time to spend the holidays together?

Rachel's Answer: "Choosing to spend the holidays together can be a big step. I'd ask if you are both in it for the long haul and have a good foundation. Also, understand that your partner's family dynamics may be different than yours, so honest communication goes a long way prior to dinner!"

Question: How do you keep the romance alive if you’re spending the holidays apart from your loved one?

Rachel's Answer: "There are so many great ways to stay connected, and for couples apart, daily FaceTime dates can go a long way. Keeping the romance alive is often about making your partner a priority — which you can do from anywhere."

Question: What if one person isn’t willing to give up time with their family for their significant other’s?

Rachel's Answer: "Compromise is essential! I'd suggest finding their why and then making a decision - why are they adamant about it? Is there a holiday that they would be more accommodating around?"

Question: How do you keep the momentum going over a long break with someone you've been casually seeing?

Rachel's Answer: "Stay connected. Flirty texts and check-ins go a long way. Also, let them know that you'd like to see them after the holiday and make a plan."

Question: If you’ve been dating for a bit, but you haven’t defined the relationship yet, is the holiday season a good or bad time to do so?

Rachel's Answer: "You can have a DTR conversation any time of year, but read the room - if the holidays are stressing them out, it may not be the best timing. It's a great time to read their actions - are they inviting you to family events? Did they buy you a gift? Sometimes an actual conversation isn't necessary."

Question: What’s the best way to answer the dreaded ‘Why are you still single?’ question?

Rachel's Answer: "Own the conversation - let them know that you're dating and just haven't met the right person yet, and then redirect the convo elsewhere."

Question: What’s your biggest piece of advice for those who feel lonely around the holidays?

Rachel's Answer: "You are not alone! Reach out. Whether you call us, a friend, or a family member, you have people to talk to. Also, self-care is key. Do things that light you up, make you laugh, and spark joy."

Have more questions? Call the Holiday Hotline at 1-888-302-6224 now through Monday, December 9.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.