7 Ways To Get Rid Of Acne Since Face Masks Aren't Going Anywhere

COVID-19 has shaken up the whole world, leaving us with consequences that we never would have predicted like a toilet paper shortage and now...mask acne. After about a week of mask-wearing in the heat, I noticed a breakout on my chin, and on the bridge of my nose, the source was obvious. Under the mask is the perfect environment for a breakout, especially as the weather gets warmer and humid during the summer months. I was pretty disappointed, because, let's face it, having clear skin is like the best feeling ever. But no fear, there are ways to minimize the damage and regain your clear skin during quarantine!

1. Stay home

No mask needed. If you live with other people, you could send one person to do the grocery shopping and split the bill. This would minimize the number of times you wear a mask and decrease your risk of infection.

2. Be mindful of quarantine drinking

Not gonna lie, I can't practice what I preach, but I try. If you want clear skin, you should probably hold off on the wine.

3. Use healing face masks

I've been using the Aztec Indian Healing Clay lately and it has amazingly cleared up my mask acne along with my regular skincare routine. If you’re not sure where to start with your skin type, consult your dermatologist through a virtual appointment.

4. Drink water

It can sometimes be easy to forget to drink water during quarantine. You're probably out of water bottles and sometimes don't leave your bed.

5. Moisturize your face twice a day

This is so obvious yet so overlooked sometimes. I’ve been using a pretty basic moisturizer, Cerave, it can be found at Target/CVS/Walmart and basically any other drug store so it’s really convenient during this time.

6. Cut out dairy 

Dairy is known to cause acne due to the hormones from milk It can get really easy to eat way too much cheese and cereal (with milk of course) while you’re home all day everyday, but laying off the dairy can help with clearing up your skin. As an alternative to milk, you can use almond milk in cereal. You don’t need to completely take dairy out of you diet (I could never drink coffee without cream) but you should be conscious of how much you eat and how that might be damaging to your skin.

7. Avoid N95 masks

These should be saved for the healthcare workers! But in terms of your skin, the N95 masks are the worst. If you’re not a healthcare worker or directly exposed to the virus, avoid these at all costs. It not only preserves the shortage, but regular surgical masks are a lot better for your face.

From Your Site Articles