Remember When Life Was Simple And All We Had To Worry About Was Who We Were Going To Marry According To M.A.S.H.

Life might have been way simpler then, and my only worry might have been what snack I want after school, but I wouldn't go back for anything.

155

I am a sentimental freak, and still have all sorts of things from grade school, junior high, and high school. I happened to come across a game of M.A.S.H. circa 2007. As I looked at that crumpled piece of paper with my supposed future, I laughed. What I wanted back then is so different than what I want now. I no longer want to be a fashion designer or date some boy from my fourth-grade class.

When I thought back to fourth grade and the simplicity of it- I couldn't help but think why did I want to grow up so fast? I laugh at that fourth-grade punk, now because the worst thing to happen to her was ending up with the wrong boy in M.A.S.H. She didn't have much to worry about other than what snack she was going to have when she got home before going outside until the street lights come on.

As I read through the specific game of M.A.S.H. I found, I couldn't help but laugh. All of the choices I put down, how long I let my friend draw the spiral and the results were simply hilarious. The job I ended up with was something I would never even think about doing now. My supposed future is a literal joke.

Nonetheless, this crumpled piece of paper reminded me of how lucky I am. That future on the paper has no comparison to my future off the paper. Life might have been much easier then, but if I ended up with all of the results from M.A.S.H. I probably wouldn't like life. Funny, right? A future I chose not something I want? Yep.

Life might have been way simpler then, and my only worry might have been what snack I want after school, but I wouldn't go back for anything. I may wish I was younger sometimes, but surprisingly I'm okay with walking through the trenches. Sure, life was easier back then. We didn't have to worry about much.

Despite how different life is now, it is what happens. Life changes and that is okay. The difficulties of life change, and we learn how to walk through it. The celebrations change, as well. We celebrate them in a different way, too. Life will never be the same. We no longer wait for the TV guide to get back to the channel we are waiting on. We no longer have the curfew of street lights turning on. It's okay, though.

The game of M.A.S.H. might be in the past, but we have so much ahead that is good and beautiful. The older we get, the harder life can get because we have more responsibilities. We have more to do and more to possibly stress over. We can still make right now a time we look back on and smile.