The truth about Marxism. A conservative point of view.

Marxist Philosophy or Our Republic...

...Choose Wisely

312
Marxist Philosophy or Our Republic...
https://s19453.pcdn.co/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/congress-budget.jpeg4-1280x960.jpg

Inequality! Social Justice! And, one of my favorites, the darn' Patriarchy! These buzzwords have become increasingly popular on the political far-left since the rise of Trump, and they now seem prevalent even among the self-proclaimed "moderates." But, could these buzzwords have a purpose to help to find a real diagnosis? Well, inequality, especially in regards to monetary inequality, has grown to heights many on the left described as "unstable." It is also not clear how stable the new modern-economy is, given recent economic complications, most notably the 2008 Great Recession. To a layman, these "problems" may seem unsolvable, which can, and has, led the most nihilistic among us to unwisely assume that a destructive, patriarchal system is to blame.

So, why is the left wrong? Where do their assessments and suppositions fall apart? First, monetary inequality is unpreventable, and steps proposed to alleviate such inequality, such as an increase in taxes on the top 10% who already pay 70.6% of all taxes, according to the 'National Taxpayer Union Foundation,' would lead to a decrease in consumer spending, consequently resulting in an economic cool-down. One must only look back to Franklin D. Roosevelt and the effects his self-proclaimed "most progressive" tax bill had on the economy.

Bad news, Democrats. Shortly following the passage of FDR's 'Wealth Tax,' and a plethora of other progressive policies, the economy entered the recession of 1937. This recession resulted in an astonishing 19% unemployment rate, and a substantial drop in production and wages. But despite his failed presidency, Franklin D. Roosevelt is now looked at as a great American savior. A savior who, in the eyes of the left, helped "bring America back" from a previous administration's failures, which is coincidentally something now said by President Trump.

Within this new wave of deceptive Marxism is encapsulated a deep desire to feel self-victimized. No matter the minority, from gender to race, to sexual orientation and the like, this new cultural Marxism has gone too far. So far that once President Obama, whom to many was one of the most left-governing Presidents in American history, has been forced to denounce those on the left, saying recently that we shouldn't insist that "those who aren't like us, whether they be white... can't speak on certain issues."

This is a direct rebuke of people who suggest, for example, that men have no say in the ongoing, legal genocide of millions of babies. This quote is also a rebuke of those on the left who race-bait and suggest that those not part of whatever victimized minority have no say in what constitutes racism or discrimination. These claims, of course, are palpably asinine. Western society is predicated on the notion that, no matter our physical differences, all men are created equal, endowed by a creator with certain unalienable rights. And to reduce our society to group identity, and forget individualism, is to lose the essence of our society.

This essence deteriorates when we isolate ourselves by gender, by race, and by sexual orientation, and claim that some of us have "no say" in certain matters because of our given physical appearance. That is why I believe this new cultural Marxism will weaken our founding institutions, and if left unchecked, will eat at the core of our Republic.